Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Snow White and Sleeping Beauty

October 27th, 2014 (Mom: Sorry this is late - I'm posting two updates this week).

Okay so this week, we continued to teach "B" and he is doing well.  It was really cute, he had 2 quotes this week and we just loved. First, his wife "H" told us that before on the days we don't come over or he's feeling a little down he's like "I need to get some more Jesus" and also then when we were over he said "Every time you come, you bring a little bit of God, and I feel the difference in my home."  I just loved that!  So thankfully he is doing well.  We aren't quite sure about the baptism yet, he is definitely going to get baptized, we just don't know when, he's got some hoops to go through still.  I know he'll get there though.

So this week, "B" introduced us to his son "D" and we began teaching him as well, he wants to get baptized and "B" wants to be the one to do it!  He is 11 years old and so so sweet!  I think this is a great goal for him to work towards as well to get baptized and prepare for the priesthood, so in a few months he can baptize his son!  What a special thing to see families being brought into the gospel together like that.

We've been doing lots of tracting and street contacting this week just trying to build up our area and teaching pool.  Just as Preach My Gospel says "Nothing happens in missionary work until you find someone to teach."  So we've just been going back to the basics.  Its been fun!  With Sister Perkinson, everything is a party.  We literally laugh and have fun all day.  Obviously we still work hard and get the work done, but it's just so much more enjoyable when you smile about it!  I just feel so so blessed to have her as a companion.

We had a cool experience on Saturday - we did some service for a former investigator.  We just "happened" to ride by her house while she was working Friday night and stopped and talk to her, noticed she was working and set up service for her the following day.  As we were helping her, some of her neighbors were interested in what was going on, so we were able to talk to them a little bit too.  We ended up helping the former investigator, her neighbor to the right with his car, the neighbor to her left pull a trailer into the backyard and the neighbor across the street with her yard as well.  The neighbor named Rose, actually was a solid contact and was so impressed with us helping she gave us homemade jam and told us we could come back anytime we wanted and talk with her.  I know it was no coincidence we biked right past her house and were able to meet her and set up service for her, and then meet all of her neighbors.

The trunk or treat for Halloween was so fun this weekend as well. I really just love this ward!

Love you all :)

Sister Wawro

PICTURES:

Serving at the Bishops' Storehouse!

Pumpkin carving!


Halloween! We were princesses!!!!!!!!!!!  Snow White and Sleeping Beauty


We work hard and we have fun!



Giving service!

Working on a car - it was awesome!  Yep, me underneath!


 I fell again and hurt my chin and my side... I am so clumsy. I was turning too fast around a corner and ran straight into a lampost, flipped over my handle bars and landed on my chin. Sister Perkinson was freaking out, but we laugh about it now.  Ha ha!

Here is a wasp nest we saw.. scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment