I went on an exchange in Ferndale with Sister Mailau, and we had lots of fun together. We began the morning singing at someone's funeral. It was for a less active, returning member. Very sad, because most of the people there were non members, it was just very sad. It seemed very hopeless, so many tears, I just wanted to reach out and give everyone a plan of salvation pamphlet, but unfortunately we had to leave right after we sang for some appointments. It was a great day, we found a few new investigators and I really had to rely on the spirit for most of the lessons because I had to idea who these people were or what they needed. One lady named "J" had been learning for quite awhile, she is one of those people that just wants to know everything before she gets baptized. She's been raised catholic forever so she is struggling wrapping her brain around the apostasy and loss of priesthood. We kept going round and around in circles explaining and at one point she said "I just don't know why I don't get it, why doesn't it make sense to me? I know Joseph Smith is a prophet, I do, so why can't I just get all the rest too? I want it to, but it just doesn't" I had no idea what to say, and neither did the other sister. So we sat in silence for a little bit. I said a prayer and asked to know what to say then the words just came to me. And I told her how sometimes we just have to take that leap of faith, that it doesn't all make sense right now, but you have to trust Heavenly Father, lean on your testimony of Joseph Smith, and then have faith that in time it will all make sense. Sometimes God tests us. Like okay you believe when its easy, but when something doesn't click or make sense or work out, are you gonna leave me? We have to keep that faith..... And then it was exactly what she needed to hear! So that was a really neat experience.
We found 3 new investigators this week as well. One was a part member family, the wife is a member, not interested but the husband let us teach him the restoration. The second, "R" also a part member family. Her husband is less active but wanting to come back, we went and taught them and now "R" is on date for baptism December 20th! She is the sweetest lady and she's kept all her commitments to read the Book of Mormon and pray about Joseph Smith. The third is a 16 year old girl named "C". She has been researching religions on her own and had a Mormon friend at school she's been asking questions about and finally decided she wanted to join so her friend referred us to her! She basically said she always had these set beliefs she just didn't know how to classify them, and as she's been researching this is what she believes. By the time we met with her she said "I know you guys don't cuss, so I've stopped doing that. And I know you don't take the Lord's name in vain, so I've stopped that as well. Oh and also I stopped drinking coffee" Haha it was awesome! We were able to teach her in a members home (the friend from school) which is the IDEAL setting. We went through the Restoration and she had awesome answers at the end we invited her to pray and ask if this is the right path for her. She said "oh I already know I want to do this, I'll just pray to confirm my choice" AWESOME. Then the next day she said she was reading the Book of Mormon and got her answer! She came to church Sunday and she is preparing for baptism December 13th.
Finally "B" was baptized this week. It was the most spiritual baptism I think I've ever been a part of... seriously. So he gets into the water, this guy that worked in the prison running the church services came to baptize him. He is also a big guy, powerlifter etc. So they get into the water, Brother Baker performs the baptism, "B" comes up out of the water, and they both just start sobbing. And Bro. Baker says, "I got to baptize you brother" and "B" hugs him and just sobs. Now, this wasn't just tears, it was crying that you could hear from the back of the room. Now these are two grown men, with tattoos and big muscles, tough guys, that felt the witness of the Spirit so strong it brought them to tears. So of course, everyone else is crying too! It was amazing. Then when "B" came back in all dressed, he bore his testimony. And let me tell you, that was powerful. He said with tears in his eyes "I don't know why my life went the way it did, I don't know why I had to go down such a dark road, but now that I've found the light, I'm never leaving, I'm never going back." Everyone that came to the baptism said it was the most powerful one they have ever been to. What a blessing. Oh and Sister Perkinson and I were also able to sing "Savior Redeemer of my Soul" at his request.
So then there's "D", "B"'s son. He's been at "B"'s and has been home for some of his lessons. After the baptism he said he wants to learn more too. So Sunday morning we went over and taught "D" the Restoration, for being only 11 years old he really had some great answers. He also is preparing for baptism December 6th, and "B" wants to prepare for the priesthood so he can perform that! It was the coolest thing to teach "D" and have his dad bear testimony page after page. At one point we were talking about Satan vs. God and light vs. dark. B turns to his son and said, "the gospel will always bring light. I worshiped and served the devil for many years and all it brought me was misery. Now that I'm here with God I am the happiest I have ever been, the fullest joy I have ever ever felt." It's so cool to see his progression where we struggled with him for a while and now here he is, this spiritual giant.
We also were able to hit Standards once again, miracles miracles!
Love
Sister Wawro
PICTURES:
Lol! Can't go inside without a female, had to have our meeting with our ward mission leader outside his screen door!
CRAZY wind storm lately, it totally took out this tree. And it was blowing our helmets off of our heads, crazy.
"B" 's baptism!
We decorated for one of the sisters birthdays!
Tandem Bike a set of sisters had we were trying out. Lol! yeah we fell like 5 seconds later. haha
Good old "H"...LOL! He calls me "sister maraiah", or "sister wawaa", or "sister warwock". LOL! He'll just never get down wawro
Sewing! A new-found hobby I WANT TO GET INTO!
No comments:
Post a Comment