Monday, October 20, 2014

Blood and War Wounds - LOL!

OKAY.  So this week was seriously awesome!

So we were late to transfers because Sister Jones has a lot of stuff and we took like a million hours to pack.  Lol!  But anyways - so our zone leaders call and they were like 'where are you guys?' And I was like 'we're coming' and he's like 'well, do you wanna know who your new companion is?' and I'm like 'sure why not'.. and he's like "okay, are you ready for this, its....Sister Perkinson!" And I screamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH! I was so excited!  We got to transfers and ran out and hugged each other, it was just so exciting!!!!!!  She lives right across the street from us, and she was in our district the past 3 months - we went on exchanges all the time when Sister Jones was sick so we already knew each other and we always had so much fun.  So we were SO PUMPED!

This week was awesome.  We just laughed.  And laughed.  And laughed.  And Sister Perkinson is super clean, so we just get along so well there.  We are just like the same person, it's so fun.  She's from Mesa Arizona, she's 20, so we're the same age.  She went to BYU-Idaho and we've already decided we are going to room together because we both go back Sept. 2015!  We get to ride our bikes all the time, which we both just love! So that's fun.  Crashed the bike this week, that was hilarious.  (Pictures below...Lol!)

We got to help a less-active member decorate her house for Halloween and it was super fun!  She has all these really creepy decorations and it was cool to put it together with her, plus she's like the most fun lady ever!  Just a hoot!

"B" is doing great!  His heart has been softened towards something he was struggling with, but he's willing to move forward.  We are meeting with him again and he came to church and so it is great :)

Oh also - here's a funny!  So Seattle just threw a big fit over Columbus Day, so they got Columbus Day changed in the city to "Day of Indigenous People" LOL!

We really had a great week!  I Just LOVE SISTER PERKINSON!!!!!!!!!!

Another great week!! :)

<3
Sister Wawro

PICTURES:

I just love Sister Perkinson!  We have so much fun and work hard together. I just like how fun she is - we laugh all the time.  I feel like we've been best friends our whole life, and yet we barely know each other.  It's awesome!  We've already decided to room together when we head back to BYU-Idaho, since we'll both be going in Sept. 2015.  :)  That is going to be SO much fun!



I caught a little frog!


Fun bike pics!



We finished celebrating her birthday!

On Mondays we email from the Burlington library.  (Mom:  I asked if this picture was 'real time' and Carina said yes...they took a quick picture right then during our email time.  Fun to see what they were all doing right in that moment.)  This is all of us in the library.  It's so fun!

We went to lunch at this cute little diner called "Hal's" and its 50's themed, it was way fun and yummy.  :)  So, I'm pretty much obsessed with french dip sandwiches. I'd never had them until my mission.  I had one the other night at dinner and they are SOO good!  I get them like...everywhere now.  yum yum yum!  :)




Sister Price took us to get donuts.  This is the first time I've been to a donut shop in Washington!  (Mom:  That is just sad, sad, sad.  LOL!)  In Texas they are everywhere, like every street corner, but I haven't seen them ANYWHERE here, its a rare thing.  Probably because there are those little drive-thru espresso shops everywhere instead.  I know I totally took it for granted in Texas.  But the sad things is, they don't have pigs-in-a-blanket, just straight donuts.  I miss those too.  LOL!



Just silly night-time picks.  LOL

District meeting!

Sis. Yeager is in my district from the 'mission mansion'!!!!!!! WOOHOO! 

Our bishop had these cute pumpkins.  We had to take a pic with them...they were HUGE!!!!!


Cool story!  We went to the bike shop this week and this lady comes in and gave us $20.  I was like, "oh what's this for?" and she says, "My husband and I were driving by the bike shop and we saw you two girls walk in with skirts and bikes, and we knew you HAD to be missionaries!  So we pulled in and decided to give you some lunch money.  I have a daughter on a mission and one that just got home...so go take yourselves to lunch!"  It was so sweet!  And the best part is, we were driving to the bike shop and we were like "ooh, they just opened a Panera here - we should go!"  But then we were like, "No, we have like, no money!"  And then this happened!!  It's awesome.  :)


Haha so.... I wrecked. 
#firstbikecrash

SO Sister Perkinson said she wanted to switch bikes so I could see how hers rides, because it's apparently a really good one.  So I'm used to riding a "girl bike" that has no bar in the middle, it has like a swoop instead so I can easily maneuver in and out of it.  So I was riding hers and it has that straight, center bar.  But I forgot I was riding hers and when I went to get off, my left got stuck trying to go over it and then I just went down.  It was so embarrassing but so, so funny!

So, of course we took pics.  Lol!




So then Sister Perkinson fixed me all up - it was very sweet.  :)


Drivin' to church!

Silly faces!

(Mom:  My new favorite picture!!)


At church with our cute investigator, "V".  We got to go to a fireside in Bellingham with her last night, it was pretty sweet!  "V" is just so beautiful.  You'd never believe how old she was if I told you.  Amazing!!

Been wanting footies, so we got them at Target this morning.  THANKS MOM!!!!!!!!!!  (Yes, missionaries have fun too!  LOL!)



No comments:

Post a Comment