I AM TRAINING!!!! Round number 3!
So for my last 12 weeks in the mission field, I will be training a new girl. Also transfers are tomorrow and we got the text this morning that I am staying here!! So I am really excited. :D This means I will only have 3 areas my whole mission, kinda crazy. 5 transfers on Whidbey Island, 3 in Lake Stevens and 5 in Sedro Woolley/Burlington. So tomorrow I will be picking up my new girl. There are 4 sisters coming, 2 from Utah, one from Alabama and one from New Zealand!
So this week we had Thanksgiving times 3! It was awesome. And the best part was I didn't even over-eat because we ate small portions at each place, so I got to try all sorts of different food, but wasn't stuffed. It was awesome!
We had a baptism this week for "R". She is the sweetest lady I have ever met. We pushed her baptism date way up because she has cancer and she just did a cat-scan (was expecting happy news) but unfortunately it has spread and it's not looking good. So we had to bump up her baptism about a month. We taught her like every day this week and she had her interview with president and got baptized! In one of our last lessons with her we taught about priesthood, and temples and blessings. I just felt the Spirit so strongly that whole lesson. During the lesson I remembered a cool experience I had in college, and I was able to share it with her. I remember I was just STRUGGLING first semester, away from home, boy drama, school was hard, and I was just sad. And I went to the bishop and asked for a blessing like a few weeks into school. One of his counselors gave me a blessing and in the blessing he specifically addressed everything I was dealing with, by name and title. That was the first time that I KNEW that priesthood blessings really were from God because I didn't even know the man giving me the blessing, I had just met him, and yet through the power of God, he was just a tool or a mouthpiece. It was my Heavenly Father that really knew me and my struggles. I just love moments like that when you get to share personal experiences to help and lift others.
So there is this baby "T", he is our ward mission leader's son, and we go there every Monday for dinner and then to have our weekly missionary meetings. So we are there a lot. Well yesterday since we had a baptism right after church, we had to fill the font during church. The baptismal font just happens to be in the nursery room, so we had to sit in there because church policy is there has to be someone in the room with the font if the water is on for safety reasons. And it was so fun to be in nursery, so we totally didn't mind. "T" was in there playing with me and then I had to step out of the room really quick and he just started screaming, and when we came back in he wouldn't stop crying until they set him down next to me to play again...and then he was fine. It was so funny the nursery leader was like, "when he saw you leave, he just lost it!" LOL! It made my heart happy, it's times like this that mission rules like not holding babies are hard. Haha! Oh, also, Sister Perkinson and I sang "Savior Redeemer" in church yesterday and Sister Nelson played the flute for us. It was a really neat arrangement. :)
Well this will be exciting, I can't believe I only have 12 weeks left...the time flies!
Love you all :)
Sister Wawro
PICTURES:
Frozen yogurt with "C" and one of the young women
Thanksgiving
Its been raining like crazy, so one of the roads flooded. Crazy!
"R" Baptism
-The "W" family who we just LOVE, they are the best. And they are amazing chef's! They used to own a restaurant in AZ and they want to open another one someday.
Little D-man, he's one of the W" family
Baby "T" - I was helping him walk around on Thanksgiving night


No comments:
Post a Comment