Well this week we just did lots and lots of tracting! We met a lot of cool people, and a few crazies, haha - it sure kept it interesting. No one was interested, but we found a few people that said when the holidays are over and schedules are more free we could try back, so there's hope there. Sister Rodda experienced her first 'basher' at a door we met. I knew it was gonna go sour when he said "actually yes I'd LOVE to talk, I have a few questions for you..." then he went on about historical facts that don't match our religious history, how Joseph Smith is a false prophet, and the Book of Mormon is a cursed book. I tried to kindly not bash, but correct some of his facts that were incorrect, and then just bore my testimony. He then said that he feels bad for me because the devil must have appeared to me as an angel of light and confused me and now my soul is damned. I was like, "well sir Have a Merry Christmas" and we left. It was great... haha its been a while since I've had one of those at the door. Sister Rodda's face was just like 'oohh mmy goodness'. Welcome to the mission! Haha
We did have one miracle though. On Sunday this less-active member just showed up to church and brought her non-member friend with her. The non-member came to all three hours of church, she asked questions and participated in Sunday School, and then afterward we talked with her for quite a while about church, what she thought, and explained our missions to her and what that meant, and why we were here. She said she loved how doctrinally sound the services were, and very centered on Christ. We asked her if she would be coming back next week and she said, 'you know I would love to, but I am going to have to pray and ask God what he thinks about all this. I always ask him before I make decisions'. We were like "PERFECT ANSWER!" So that was great. We even fasted this week for our area, and I think the Lord accepted our fast and answered our prayer.
This morning we had a mission conference in Arlington, it was a musical Christmas devotional thing. It was so great! Sister Bonham asked if I would sing for it, but I've been sick so I wasn't sure, but I figured I'd prepare a song just in case. I was feeling much better so I sang today and it went pretty well. I was nervous because my ear still wouldn't pop, so things sounded all weird in my head. But I sang the song "Guard Him Joseph" (dad's sung that before - video clip below). It's so pretty, I just love it. Then I sang in a group with 3 sisters and we sang 'Away In A Manger', and our district sang "Hark the Herald Angels Sing". It was great, there were a lot of really talented people that sang today and played instruments and such. A TON of people came up to me that I didn't even know, and were like "that was so good - I didn't even know you sang!" It was really sweet. I don't get too nervous singing in public anymore. :) I've been blessed with lots of opportunities to sing. At the devotional President Bonham told us 3 Christmas stories - "The Man Who Hated Christmas", "The Coat" and "Trouble at the Inn". All were SOOOO good, seriously I recommend looking them up, and expect to be teary! (MOM: I looked them up by title and included links here - hoping they are all the correct stories/videos).
Well it's almost Christmas and it's sad that the season is almost over. I love this time to reflect and remember The Savior, and just focus on Him by serving and helping those around us. What a beautiful season it is!
So a bunch of missionaries have already opened their presents! I'm like, "That totally ruins Christmas!!!!" Crazy people! Ha ha
Love you all!!
Sister Wawro
PICTURES:
Here is half the mission with Craig A. Cardon from a few weeks ago!
Here's our cute little tree and presents ready for Christmas morning! :)
Having fun singing along with "The Work" by 'Nashville Tribute Band'. It's a missionary album. This is one of the songs from the CD. :)
We went caroling as a district, so fun!
Here is part of the song I sang, "Guard Him Joseph"
This is the picture we included in our Christmas card. Isn't it so cute? :) I love the way it turned out!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment