Monday, December 22, 2014

Monday, Dec. 15th

I'm posting two weeks of Carina's emails today...this holiday season seems to be busier than last year.  So much fun stuff to do!  :)

Monday, December 15th:

Well, this week was rough.  Missions are filled with ups and downs.  It's such a roller coaster of emotions, the highest of highs and the lowest of lows.  This week was a low /:

So 'C', our 16 year-old golden investigator, dropped us officially.  She has searched out other churches and has decided she doesn't want to keep learning with us.  She is so sweet and I am so sad, but I think her biggest fear is she received so much grief from her family and boyfriend about "Mormons" that she is afraid to lose them by being baptized.  I wish she had more support, but I do know that as she gets older, she will remember all the things she's been taught, and the truths of the gospel she has learned will be highlighted in her life and she will have that desire to learn again.

Then 'D' had some family issues too... because of confidentiality I can't discuss them, but he WANTS to get baptized.  That's the worst part.  We tried talking to his family this weekend, but it just went sour.  It broke our hearts.  'D' called Saturday morning and in his cute little 11-year-old voice said "So did you talk to them?  Am I gonna get baptized today?"  It brought us to tears!  So sad.  So who knows what will happen with him?  We pray the Lord will work everything out in the end.

Then all of our other investigators won't answer our calls or texts or the door!  It's so weird, like...what is in the water lately?  This area was so prominent, I don't know what is going on.  It's like we prayed for patience or something?  :)

And then, I have a sinus infection so that's been fun.  Haha - talk about trials this week.  I go to the walk-in clinic tomorrow, since no doctors can get me in soon.  /:

But on the bright side, every time God closes one door, it's so others can be opened!  Such a perfect saying for missionaries!  So this week we have plenty of finding to do!  I am remaining optimistic.  :)

I wish I had more positives this week, but on the bright side...I LOVE SISTER RODDA.  We have so much fun, she is great and really lifts my spirits and in the roughest of times we cry together and then we just laugh together 5 minutes later.  I don't know what I would do without her.  #besttraineeever

Thanks for the prayers and packages this week!  Love you!!!

Sister Wawro


PICTURES:

We took a district 'ugly sweater' pic!

We played volleyball...and it got a little rough...ha ha

Sister Rodda's mom sent us 12 days of christmas!  WE LOVE IT :)  
It's so fun - we love to open a gift every morning!




 

We have a tree!  We don't have any stockings but that's okay - we don't need any (we got NINE last year.  LOL!)  Grandma Betty's presents are in the pic and so are the Relief Society ones from Denton 2nd ward.  So fun!

I got to see President and Sister Bonham this week for Sister Rodda's new-missionary training.

This is my area right now while emailing.  #hotmess  
Lol !

No comments:

Post a Comment