Wednesday, December 10, 2014

New Companion/Trainee! :)

Okay, so I got my new trainee, SISTER RODDAShe's from Kaysville Utah!  And we have so much fun, we just laugh and laugh and laugh.  She is so down to earth, crazy and fun.  Seriously, we've just been the best of friends since day one.  I just love her! She is a hard worker, and has just jumped right in there.  It's great.

We have had a really great week!  "D" is getting baptized this Saturday by "B", so that will be so awesome.  I feel so blessed to be a part of his story.  To be able to see a man who's been in prison for 25 years, come out, learn the gospel, and then get to baptize his son!  Its just amazing, so I am really looking forward to that.  PLUS I get to see my Sister Perkinson! I love her and miss her... but she's on WHIDBEY ISLAND, where I started! So that is so cool!! I was so excited for her at transfers!  It was a hard goodbye, but we'll be roomies soon at BYU-I so I think I'll be okay.  ;)

We had our ward Christmas party and that was super fun!  It was great to see all the ward members, I loves stuff like that!

We had Craig A. Cardon from our mission come and speak to us yesterday, that's why today (Tuesday) was made our p-day.  It was AMAZING.  He was so inspiring and inspirational.  Seriously, it was just the best conference.  I was one of the 5 that got to speak and I had to go first.  It was a little scary with a general authority sitting behind me, but it went well!  :) I have really come to enjoy giving talks, which is so weird because I've never liked that public speaking kind of stuff.  But ever since I got that calling to teach gospel principles before my mission, I just have loved teaching the gospel!  Which was just great prep for my mission.  I spoke on how true conversion comes through the Holy Ghost, and I talked about how the spirit is referred to as a burning and it's the baptism of fire and that the spirit is like a refiner's fire for our heart and our desires...it cleanses and changes us.  I also talked about Mosiah 5:2 and having a mighty change of heart, with no more desire to do evil but to do good continually.

Also at the conference, at the very beginning he asked us to write down 3 questions we wanted to have answered by the end of the conference (we were there 8:30am - 4pm).  I wrote down 2 questions which I knew would pertain to the conference, and then one question that was very personal, that I didn't think would get answered but I thought I'd just try.  But guess what... ALL 3 were answered!!  One was even answered word for word what my question was, it was so cool.  It was a really great day. 

I finally finished the Doctrine and Covenants!  It was so great, I learned so much.  I now have the Pearl of Great Price to read and then I'll have read the whole standard works.  Oh how I have come to just love and cherish the scriptures on my mission.  I will never go another day without reading.  The scriptures are awesome!  I learn so much every day, like I'm reading in Moses and there is SO much more in there than in the Book of Genesis!  It's awesome!

Love you all!

Sister Wawro

PICTURES:

My new companion and trainee, Sister Rodda!





Got my two trainees together! #familypic (minus Sister Tate!)

At Transfers!

 An industrial mixer in a member's home - mom, I thought of you and all of your baking!

We are taking ugly Christmas sweater pics today as a district.  Ha Ha!  :)

We're ready for hot chocolate!  :D
I like hazelnut, caramel and vanilla, and i just saw that there is even a girl scout cookie 'Samoa' flavor.  Ha ha!


With the cutest little puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment