Monday, December 2, 2013

Post-Thanksgiving Joy!

So this was an AMAZING week. 

First, we were grocery shopping on the mainland after meetings one day, trying to save some money, and this really sweet old man came up to us and started talking to us and saying 'thank you for your service and all that you do'.  Then he reaches into his wallet and gave us $20 and told us to treat ourselves to lunch, and he wouldn't take no for an answer.  I even got a little teary, it was just the sweetest thing!  Seriously, what a sweet experience that was.  Makes me want to work even harder out here, to be worthy of moments like that.

Then we had Thanksgiving this week with the sweet sweet Moss family.  I love them!  They take SUCH good care of us and it was such a blessing to be with another family for the Holidays since I was missing my own.  The food was SO good, everything homemade. Sister Moss is a wonderful cook, so that was really fun and really enjoyable.  They really are like family to us here and have been a huge blessing in my life.

Another cool experience, is that I started reading the Book of Mormon in September. This was the first time I had ever read it from cover to cover and I just finished right before Thanksgiving.  That was SUCH a wonderful experience.  I was able to kneel down and say that true and humble prayer of asking if the Book of Mormon was a true book and if Joseph Smith was really a prophet.  I received a very strong and spirit felt answer of a resounding yes with a burning in my heart.  I have started reading it again, and I plan to read the Book of Mormon every day for the rest of my life.  I wish that I had done this sooner and had that experience earlier on in my life, but I am so ever grateful for that sweet experience and would exhort, as did Moroni, for all men everywhere to read and pray about the Book of Mormon.  Oh what a blessing it is in my life, to be a missionary at this time in my life.

Finally.... one of our investigators COMMITTED TO BAPTISM!  Woooohooo!  That was another awesome experience.  The spirit was so strong, and I was so nervous fighting the natural man inside me, but I invited her, following the promptings of the spirit and she said YES.  That was a blessing, and I am so thrilled for her and this new step in her life.  Also, we taught 21 lessons this week! I though that was pretty awesome!

I truly am happier than ever at this time in my life.<3
Thanks for all of the love and support and letters and packages I get to receive!  They make my day :)

 The sign outside of our neighborhood, the town we live in!

 Post Office, and my P.O. Box

Hint, Hint Family & Friends - WRITE MORE!  Lol

The sweet mail truck...only in Whidbey!




 Yummy pizza place right on the water

 Companion "Selfies"  LOL!

 Sister Moss' Thanksgiving Turkey - Magazine Quality!
 

Thanksgiving with wonderful Moss Family




Love you all!

Sister Carina Wawro

No comments:

Post a Comment