We got a new car. We used to drive a 2013 Toyota Corolla, now we have a 2013 Subaru Legacy. I like the Subaru, but honest opinion the Corolla was a better car! Much smoother, and had a great turn radius. But Subaru has 4 wheel drive so that's good. :)
Sister Tate got really sick, so we had to go to the doctor. Turns out the doctor for the mission is in Seattle, so we got special permission to cross mission boundaries to go to Seattle. That was crazy! And it was pretty much an all-day event, we were there from 9am to 5pm including travel time, ferry time, and doctor waiting and visits. So that was a pretty crazy day. But I can officially say I've been to Seattle. :) The doctor is Doctor Adrian and he is the doc for 3 missions in Washington, because he's Mormon. He has 10 kids and they all went on foreign missions, so that was pretty crazy!
I got my first ticket EVER in my whole life. It was a speed trap. State Patrol, in an area that switches from 40 to 30 and he clocked me at 35, I was suppose to be at 35 by the time I "see" the 30 sign, not by the time I pass it. I was just in shock, I tried to tell him I was new to WA, my dad was a cop, I was a missionary, nothing worked. The officer must have been a newbie too, because he looked no older than me! So that was quite the experience. But turns out that same day, 5 missionaries got in wrecks and damaged mission vehicles, so the President said "Sister Wawro, I am not worried about you at all, you are the least of my worries today." So I felt kinda bad for him. No missionaries were hurt, but he was not a happy camper.
There was the ward Christmas party this weekend and it was SOOOO fun. Definitely made me miss home and think of how much I loved going to those ward parties as a family. We helped with all the set up, decorations, game planning, and food. So I have grown such an appreciation for what goes into putting those parties together. It was SUCH a great turn out, with quite a few non-members, and less actives that showed up.
Haha this is a funny...we just learned that "Sasquatch" and "Big Foot" are a big deal in Washington. There are post cards everywhere and they just posted this thing in the newspaper that caught our eye while waiting in line at the Ferry. There's this group on the island that is going Big Foot hunting, and they started this group "BFOA", I can't remember what it stands for, but oh my goodness, I just about died of laughter. Welcome to the island ya'll....
Love
Sister Wawro
Uncle Aaron and Aunt Agi's family sent me a 1 lb. Reese's cup! Isn't that crazy?? Haha
Here is the tree! So many people have given us stockings... its pretty hilarious. The crochet ones are from this sweet sweet 90 yr old lady in our ward. Her calling is to pass around the missionary meal calendar...so she LOVES us. The top ones are cat stockings, and that is from one of our investigators, so sweet.
This is a cute girl at church, who I LOVE! She says "sissa waawwwwooo" and runs and screams and jumps to hug me every time she sees me. I love her!!!!!
With SANTA at the ward Christmas party!
The Moss family. WHO I LOVE. Seriously.
Boom! Christmas!!!!!!! Gotta love it :)
Drove by this house last night.. we had to get out and take a picture with it! Lol! So fun. Reminds me of when we would drive around as a family and stop to look at lights, I love it! Good times.. :)
This is awesome, thank you for sharing all these moments! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tammy! :)
ReplyDelete