Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas and Testimony

Well this was another great week! Lots of Christmas-y stuff, I just love it!

Earlier this week we had the relief society party.  It was a cookie exchange and we all got together and sang carols and hymns, socialized and snacked, it was really great.  I love this ward I am in so much. :)

Our investigator on date for baptism is just doing SO well.  The lessons I was in this week were some of the strongest I've ever been in.  My testimony has grown so much on the importance of members attending lessons.  We have really been trying to focus on that this week, and wow what a difference.  We brought a sweet lady from our ward who just bore the most beautiful testimony, the spirit was there, everyone was crying, it was amazing.  I would challenge all of you to go out with the missionaries, you will help change lives!  I'm really looking forward to her baptism this Saturday.

We had exchanges this week so I was on the mainland (for the first time EVER) in an area called Beverly Park.  And... I was on bike.  Wow my respect goes out to those girls who are on bike, in skirts, in the winter!  As hard as it was, it was actually super fun.  You get everywhere really fast, its so easy to stop and talk to anyone on the street, I just really enjoyed it.  Bike in summer would be great, but in the winter it is just so dang cold!  I was freezing.  Thankfully my companion had hand and toe warmers I was able to use and that was pretty great.  Everyone we talked with was really friendly, and I quite enjoyed it.  Definitely not ready to leave my sweet Whidbey Island, but I did enjoy seeing how "the other half" lives.  Lol

I just came back from the mission conference, it was amazing! I sang in the mission choir, our zone sang together, I sang a duet, and gave the opening prayer.  It was crazy, but I reallllly enjoyed it!

So I have been SO blessed.  I got Christmas presents from my family, Emily and Rachel sent a package of presents, the Worltons', the Kieffers', Denton 2nd Ward Relief Society, Grandma Betty, Grandma Palmer says one is in the mail, and Aunt Holly.  So nice!!!!! I am just so lucky!  Plus various people in the ward have given us stuff.  So so so sweet.

Not too much else has happened.  I am overwhelmed with gratitude around this Christmas season.  I love the opportunity I have to serve a mission at this time, to talk and meet so many people, to give devoted service.  Its amazing, and all the letters, support, and packages I have received from home has just been overwhelming.  It brings me to tears.

There are two things I want to share that I have come to know while I have been out.  One is that I KNOW with all of my heart that Joseph Smith really was and is a true prophet of God.  That he DID indeed see God the Father and His son Jesus Christ.  I know this because every time I teach the Restoration and I get the opportunity to share the "First Vision", I always get teary, and as I hold back tears and bear my testimony, the Spirit confirms to my heart the truthfulness of the message that I get to share.

Second is the Savior, and His most perfect life.  I have been studying the 4 gospels especially around this Christmas season to keep my focus on Christ.  I am just amazed that even at a young age He knew He was sent here to do His fathers work.  We know this from him in Jerusalem teaching in the temple.  When His mother asked where he has been (because they were probably worried sick looking for Him) his astonishing reply " How is it that ye sought me? Wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?  Another thing I found quite interesting is that the Savior has a little bit of humor.  I was reading in Luke and I think one of His disciples (referring to the wrongs of the Pharisees and scribes) asks him basically "aren't you going to do anything about them???"  What I love is the Savior's gentle reply "Can the blind lead the blind?  Shall they not both fall into the ditch?"  Luke 6:39   I don't know why but I just love that.  He always had the perfect answer.  No matter what the situation was, or who was trying to get Him in trouble, or get Him to say the wrong thing, He being perfect, always had the perfect answer.  It made me think of they story of the woman caught in adultery.  That was another life-testing moment, where the people are like what are you gonna do, the law of Moses says stone her!  This was a pivotal moment where His answer would change everything. As He was perfect, he said the perfect answer, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."  John 8:7  I know that the Savior was perfect, and that He truly was without sin.  He spent His life dedicated to His father's work.  What an example to look at, on how to be the best missionary I can be, by dedicating myself to my Father in heaven's work.

Anyways, sorry for that little rant, my testimony of the Savior is just burning with love and thanks especially around this Christmas time.

Love you all!

Sister Wawro

It snowed!!


One of our investigators made us quilts!  It was so sweet of her to do that!

 Light house by the ferry at like 6am... early meetings.  Lol!

This is just the beginning of all the Christmas packages that were at our mission meeting this morning...crazy!  We unloaded an entire trailer of packages sent to the mission office.


Mailing our letters! There are always so many! I love it though :)


This is another shot of the blanket that our sweet investigator made us! I love them!!!!!!

We volunteer once a week at the local good cheer food bank, it is such a great service opportunity.  I really enjoy getting time to serve there.


No comments:

Post a Comment