Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I'm Freezing! :)

So.........

I'm FREEZING.  Lol!  I sleep with a heater next to my bed, and I have a heater next to my desk.  I miss that Texas heat!  Sister Jones sleeps with 3 fans, 2 in the window and one next to her bed, therefore I sleep with a heated rice pack (thanks Grandma Betty!), three blankets and a heater.  Lol

Our investigators are doing great! We finally have two on date for baptism, and almost a third. "A" is the sweetest single mom, and she is so sincere in her desires. She just wants to be a good mom for her kids, and give them the best life she can. She is so fun to work with, and has so much potential.  She has a few hang ups and we are starting the 'stop smoking' program with her this week - thankfully she has lots of great fellowship in the ward. Our other investigator "V" has just started thriving, she wasn't progressing for the longest time and then finally it just clicked and she decided she wanted to get baptized because she knows its true.  She's just been too scared to make changes, but now she's ready.  Then "B" who was in prison and took all the lessons there and went to the Mormon services there, wants to get baptized as well! He also has such a sweet and sincere heart - it's cool to see a guy with big muscles and full sleeve tattoos, crying & talking about the spirit he felt at church.  It just shows that anyone can change when they come into the gospel.

The women's broadcast was just so awesome.  I love conference and I look forward to this weekend so much! It was neat because I was reminded of last conference when I was struggling with some hard things on my mission, tired of tracting all day, every day and seeing no results.  I was challenged to pray for something before conference and see if it would be answered. So I did, I prayed "Heavenly Father, I'm struggling and I'm questioning why I'm even out here because I'm working so hard but seeing no results, I've left my home, my friends and my family...is this worth it?  Help something they say in conference give me comfort."  And then sure enough, Elder Holland gets up there and talks about how life is hard, and its hard to be a disciple and how missionary work is hard and missions are hard and sometimes the hardship leads you to question... is it worth it? and then he says " Yes, it is worth it, because the alternative is to have our “houses” left unto us “desolate”—desolate individuals, desolate families, desolate neighborhoods, and desolate nations. So here we have the burden of those called to bear the messianic message."  It was a total and exact answer to my prayer!  So I am excited to pray this weekend and see what sort of miracle I get to experience again.

I've really come to love running - I think I'm gonna try and get involved in some 5ks and stuff back home. Running seems to be like my therapy in the mornings, it really helps...lets my mind just go and it feels so good!

Thanks for all the love and support!

Love
Sister Wawro

PICTURES:

A lady at church gave us Applebee's giftcards, so we went to lunch - super fun!





 This was someone's house we had dinner at, they literally live 45 minutes away, in the woods, in the middle of nowhere.  They are off grid, off GPS, and they named their own road "Zarahemla".  They told us how they see bears, bobcats, and cougars from inside their house...just watching them walk around outside.  Crazy! I think dad would love a place like this!



Here is our new investigator, "B", we are teaching him and his wife "H".  They are awesome!  He just got a brand new Harley Davidson 2014 Rushmore Street Glider, it is a SWEET bike!!

 Dad, I thought you might be proud!  :)

This is someone's funny looking cat. It's name is "lord smoosh smoosh" no joke.  Lol

This is a spider we found in someone's yard.  Spiders are EVERYWHERE here -  it's crazy.  I've definitely overcome my fear of them, and actually I think they're pretty cool!  I just learned how to throw bugs on their web and watch them spin them up, its pretty intriguing to watch.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment