Monday, October 13, 2014

Highs and Lows Come...

So our investigators - who last week were doing great - are just not doing well this week. We taught "B" about tithing this week, and he went into a full rage. All we were even able to read was Malachi 3:8-10 and then he exploded. He basically said, I will never pay tithing, it's not even up for discussion. We tried to bear testimony, and our members gave great insights and their personal testimonies of taking that fearful moment of paying tithing first and seeing the blessings. It just didn't even touch him, his heart was already hardened. He left our appointment saying he didn't want to be baptized. He then didn't come to church on Sunday. It was very devastating. Then he went and talked to his mom, and his mom called us and said she doesn't want to pay tithing either, and she doesn't know about baptism. It just breaks my heart, but I am pressing forward. I know that the Lord has the ability to soften hearts. The adversary is working hard on him and his family....but "B" is in there, he is a good guy and he has a heart of gold.  We've seen it. I know he still has potential. Sister Jones and I have been fervently praying for him and his family. I will keep you updated on him.

"A" is continuing to do the stop-smoking program, she completed the program, then smoked one cigarette on day 8! That was also very sad, but then again, she only had one and that is huge progress. She is making such good progress still so we will keep working with her.

"V" received a blessing of spiritual strength and a shield against the adversary.  It was a very spiritual experience and she really felt that spirit in the room. Things are looking up for her as well.

I am doing well still, running has been helpful and I look forward to this next transfer and what lies in store.  (Sidenote from Mom:  just found out that Carina is not being transferred, so she'll be staying in the Burlington area; her companion will be transferred to a new city.  We'll find out more about who her new companion is next week).

My eye sight is getting bad, I'll probably have to go to the eye doctor when we get home.  I can't even see the speaker like five rows in front at sacrament meeting.  I pull out my glasses and its like POOF, "I can see clearly now, the rain is gone".  LOL!  I just need to wear my glasses more.

Mom, I got your package and it couldn't have arrived at a more perfect time, seriously.  We had just come back from a lesson that was a CRASH and BURN, so sad... broke my heart.  I thought you were sending it to the mission office, so I didnt expect to get it, and we checked the mail at like 9:30 Saturday morning and there was a package - it was just perfect timing and something I totally needed!!  SO THANK YOU so, so much momma!

So, a funny that happened this week...we were playing this "staring game" with these kids at Sunday dinner.  It's where you have a staring contest and whoever starts laughing first loses, and you can do anything to make them laugh as long as you don't laugh or smile, but you can SAY anything you want.  So we are taking turns against all the kids.  Then it's my turn against this little boy who is like 7 or so, and we are deep into the staring contest.  It's dead silent and he says "Man, I could just come over there and pinch your little nose" and I just lost it!  The whole family was just dying laughing, it was awesome!  So much fun!  :)

Random sidenote; there is a family in the area, the dad has Alzheimers and he's worth like MILLIONS dollars.  It's crazy!  He has savings accounts for all of his kids and grandkids, with missions and college paid for for the next 100 years or something like that.  Isn't that wild?  SUCH a cool family - love them, reminds them of a couple families in our ward back in Texas.  You'd never know how wealthy they are.  The dad here wears crocs and a Hawaiin shirt workin' in the yard.  Love that!!  :)

Mom - love the pictures of Gabe and Brit at Homecoming - Gabe looks so good and Brittan is just adorable.  And Derek is getting so TALL!  I miss my siblings and can't wait to see them again in a few months.

Much love to everyone - I love you so much!

Sister Carina Wawro


PICTURES:
 
 Got to go on exchanges with Sister Oswald again!  Love that girl!

Our attempt at a zone picture.  Lol!

We HAD to stop and take a picture - this just cracked me up.
It made me think of all the funny signs we've seen together in our family and cracked up laughing at!  LOL!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment