We have one of our investigators on date for April 12th. She has been doing so well. She is a very simple and visual learner, so its been neat to teach her. She shows great faith, and its been a blessing to be a part of her lessons.
We had a neat experience this week. We contacted a referral, Emily, and she was highly uninterested. She was making remarks like "I'm sorry, I go to a church that believes Jesus Christ suffered on the cross, not Joseph Smith". SO we responded "Great! We do too", and we were able to clear up that misunderstanding, but needless to say she was not interested. We asked if we could come by another time when her husband was home and meet with him since he was the actual referral, but she said no. So we left, kind of disappointed. We went on with our day and after one of our lessons, we checked our voice mail for a missed call. Emily had called us back and in her message said "I'm so sorry, I should have let you in, something told me I should call you back. I'd love to hear what you believe, and maybe I can tell you about what I believe, anyways call me back and we can set something up." It was a miracle! So, we set up an appointment for this Thursday at 2pm! The Lord is hastening His work, what a testimony building experience. The Lord is preparing the hearts of His children to hear His words.
We had 19 lessons this week so that was AWESOME. It was a very busy week.
I sang in church yesterday "Oh My Soul Hungered" and 3 of our investigators came! It was awesome, so that was a total surprise.
Not too much else is new around here. We find out about transfers next Monday, so sad. I can't believe this could probably be my last week on Whidbey. The neat thing, is that this ward loves us SO much. Our March dinner calendar was filled up in February. So since it's already filled, people are calling us to feed us lunch and breakfast now because they want to eat with us! We had lunch 3 times this week and have 2 scheduled next week. And one day we were fed breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm telling you this ward takes SUCH good care of us! It'll be hard to go.
Thanks for all the support.
Sister Wawro
Pictures:
I don't have too many pictures this week. This morning we went to the Braeburn Cafe'. One of the members showed it to us - it was in the food network magazine and voted best breakfast place in the state of Washington! So we had to try it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment