Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Beach and Sand Dollars

Only two more weeks of this transfer and then it's over! I'm so sad, I'm pretty sure I'll leave the island, but I would LOVE to stay.  I can't even imagine being anywhere else, but I know the Lord has more in store for me.  I just can't believe South Whidbey is coming to an end.  Yeah - it's crazy nuts...this Friday I'll already be at 7 months on my mission!  :)

Well, the only big thing that happened this week was that I got invited to another special conference.  This time it was even smaller, it was all the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders, and then a few others.  I felt so privileged to be on of those "few others."  Sister Bonham's brother, Shawn Moon, came to speak to us.  He works for Franklin Covey, so he gave us all this great training about paradigms and how you see your mission, and that HOW you see your mission, affects your mission.  It was a really neat thing to be a part of.  The spirit was very strong there, and the best part is when he said, "who has a scripture that can BEST describe missionary work?  Where in the scriptures does the Lord say how he wants his missionaries to work, and to do and to be?"  He is this really fun and energetic guy, and is walking around - right down on our level and talking to us.  I immediately thought of Alma 17:2-3 which reads:

2 "...they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God.
3 But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting; therefore they had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation, and when they taught, they taught with power and authority of God."


So I raised my hand and stood and read it, the room went quiet, and he spoke very softly and smiled and sister, "Sister Wawro, in my personal study I picked that exact scripture, Alma 17:2-3.  Wonderful job." And then he continued on to the next portion of the meeting, but it was just a really cool experience to feel the spirit of the room reading about missionaries in the scriptures, and being valiant soldiers in God's army to spread the gospel.

We pushed our investigator's baptism date back a month to April 26th, so we can continue to work with her, and make sure she understands all the commitments she is making.  I am confident she will stay on date though.

Oh, and this next Sunday I'm singing a solo in church, "Oh My Soul Hungered". 

Well, not much is new around here.  Sister Oswald is the greatest!  I just love her a lot, it's been SO much fun to be companions.  BTW mom, Sister Oswald says 'happy birthday today' - she says her mom told her it was your birthday.  Lol!  Love it!  :)

Love you all!

Sister Wawro

PICTURES:

REAL sand dollars I got to pick up!


More shells... :)

The member that took us to the beach, Sister Winder!
 Our ward mission leader's son, who we LOVE!


Finally got front row ferry!!  It was so beautiful!

Currently the breakfast I am obsessed with...oatmeal, bananas, walnuts, almonds, and a "green drink" - all fruits and veggies, delicious!  Who would have thought I'd ever like oatmeal??  I also have come to love tomatoes!  Who would've guessed??? Crazy!  :)

Video at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment