Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Transfers & Training!

So today is officially my TWO MONTH birthday as a missionary.  16 more months to go WHAT? Where has the time gone, definitely crazy.

So, some cool experiences I had were - first we were visiting with this less active family.  We visit with lots of less actives and that is one thing I never expected as a missionary.  I thought we were all about finding new investigators, but we do a lot of retention as well, which I think is awesome.  Anyway, we have been working with this one particular family trying to get them to come back to church.  Throughout the lesson I kept feeling prompted to invite them to watch General Conference with us.  But I kept saying to myself heck no, we JUST started meeting with them, I don't want to scare them off, they aren't interested.  But still the prompting kept coming and I kept shoving it off.  Finally just as Sister Cromar is ending our lesson and is like 'can we close with a prayer then let you go?', I had the BIGGEST prompting "INVITE THEM NOW" and I couldn't deny it any longer.  So I'm like, 'wait one second sorry'. And I explain conference a little and invite them to watch it with us this weekend and get this...THEY ACCEPT!  So we went and watched conference and it was a great experience!  I am so thankful for Heavenly Father directing me in what to do and say.  I constantly am reminded that I am on the Lord's errand, this is His time and I am being an instrument for Him. :)  What a great feeling that was.

So I picked up my greenie on Tuesday night.  Wait, uhm HELLO, I'M STILL a greenie.  Lol!  We had transfers Tuesday morning which was so fun. We all park in the parking lot at the stake center and everyone talks and says goodbye and hangs out until the transfer slips are handed out where to go.  It seriously was so fun.  I saw Landon Cooper and Zach Smith there, I'll have to send you some pictures we took.  So then I had to say bye to Sister Cromar, my favorite.  :(   I'll really miss her, she was so awesome, a wonderful missionary but mostly she was SUCH a great friend. I'm glad that we were companions and I know we'll be friends forever.

Sister Carina Wawro w/Sister Alexandria Cromar
(you can SEE the joy and friendship on their faces!)

Elder Landon Cooper
(a good friend from here in Denton - grew up together)

Elder Zach Smith (Angela Musick's son)
Denton friends, YES - related to Dave and Vivien Musick!  :)

So yeah, I got my companion, her name is Brianna Tate.  She is from Orem, Utah.  She is 20 turning 21.  She is very bold, and a go-getter.  She just jumped right into tracting the first day and jumps right into lessons so that is really nice. We don't have too much in common, but we are sure working on building a friendship.

I have really seen the tender mercies of the Lord this week.  I know he is helping me because I have been so nervous training so soon.  We went tracting and everyone was so nice!  They all politely declined or had a gospel conversation with us.  That never happens and I know that was a true tender mercy of the Lord.  Also this week in church we had FIVE less active members show up who we are working with...this never happens! It was just awesome.

We got to go bowling as a district on our P-Day and it was super fun!



Oh! Also we did some service for Brother Moss on Saturday.  They do so much for us, I'm glad they FINALLY let us repay them (we had to force them to let us do some kind of service. lol)  They are just too kind.  But anyway, we built a roof on their chicken coop!  I was up there all dirty, with hammer and nails and asphalt roofing, and this sticky black tar glue.  It was awesome.  Dad would have been so proud!  I literally helped assemble a roof.  So that was a cool experience.

The Sweet moss family who I love so much.  They take the BEST care of us.  I want to keep in touch with them forever!


Well, all is well here.   :)  I am still loving the island, as always.  I am loving the letters I am getting in the mail, I'm blessed with so many supportive friends and family!

I love you all and thank you for the prayers, I sure need them :)

Love
Sister Wawro

No comments:

Post a Comment