Tuesday, October 8, 2013

6 Weeks = First Transfers (and News!)

So yesterday was P-Day, however, we did not receive any emails from Carina.  But we also knew that this week mission transfers happen, and figured it was a really busy time of juggling for a lot of people, so we didn't sweat it too much and thought we'd just wait till next Monday for her next P-Day email.  Thankfully, we got an unexpected email from her today - it was quick, she only had an hour of email time - but we were grateful not to have to wait.  She is doing so great - we feel blessed to have such a beautiful daughter giving her whole heart to the serving of the Lord.  :)

Janene (Mom)
************
Well I guess I will just start with my weekend.  So the Thursday before transfers, the zone leaders make leadership calls.  This Thursday night we are just going through our normal nightly planning and getting ready for bed, when the phone rings.  We both look at each other and are like oh no.  Our zone leaders call and say "Sister Cromar, you need to be at leadership training tomorrow from 10am-1pm."  My heart sinks!  That means I lose my companion.  She is always training so I guess it really was no surprise she was training again, but since I am still in the 12-week training program that means that I have to have a different trainer.  Then our zone leaders are like "and Sister Wawro, you need to be at leadership training from 1pm-3pm tomorrow".  UH, WHAT.  They're like "yep, you are training".  So yeah, I'm a trainer now after just 6 weeks!  I haven't even finished my own twelve-week training program! 

So then Friday we were in Everett all day at leadership training.  The entire weekend was just like a whirlwind.  I was the only one at the trainers' training that is still a 'greenie'.  All the other trainers are like 9+ months out on their missions and have trained a million times.  Also, this transfer there are only 7 sisters.  5 regular and 2 visa waiters, so clearly there are 7 more qualified sisters then me to train.  During our meeting, President said "Train your new missionary so that if she had to, she could train after 12 weeks.  Then Sister Bonham looks at me and smiles, and President is like "or if you are as a good as Sister Wawro you can train in just 6".  That sure made me feel good!  But I was still so scared.  After the meeting I was just feeling so overwhelmed, like there is no possible way that I can do this.  There is so much to do, how can I do it all without Sister Cromar - I don't even know what I'm doing? 

Later that day just before we left, Sister Cromar told me I should talk with President and I am so glad I did.  I just cried in his office and told him how scared I was because this is a big, important job that I take very seriously and I love the Savior so much I do not want to disappoint him.  With tears in his eyes he said, "Sister Wawro, I am glad that is your concern, that you love the Savior and you want to make him proud, that is why I trust you to be a trainer."  He counseled with me some more and gave me a blessing which was exactly what I needed.  I still had some more overwhelming moments, but I definitely feel better.  I know that I can do anything with the Lord's help.  And that my faith will overpower my fear.  I know that He called me for a reason.  I feel so honored and blessed that President trusts me enough to train someone fresh out of the MTC.  This is definitely a humbling experience.  Its funny because I was just talking with dad about missions and he was telling me there is no such thing as a comfort zone on your mission.  That once you start getting in a comfort zone, its like OH NO, CHANGE.  That is totally what happened.  I was just feeling like 'oh yeah, I can totally do this, missionary life on the island with Sister Cromar, I'm getting used to this'.  Lol!  So I thought that was pretty funny. 

Well good news is, I'm staying on Whidbey Island at least 12 weeks, so my next transfer will be December 18th.  And pretty much when you start training you don't really stop, so there's a good chance I'll be training the rest of my mission, which means I'll be transferred every 6 weeks.  CRAZY.  Now Sister Cromar, on the other hand, was called to be an S.T.L. which is a Sister Trainer Leader and it's the highest position of leadership that you can go in the mission as a sister missionary. There are only 6 of them in the whole mission, she is so great!  So that will be awesome for her.  :)  So, after this we drive to transfers and I drop Sister Cromar off, then I will stay at the Stake Center and wait for my newbie just like I did six weeks ago when I arrived from the MTC.  So tonight I go home with a new companion and tomorrow I start off as a trainer officially...SCARY.  One thing President mentioned in my blessing was not to be afraid to ask the Lord for help and my family for specific prayers.  So I'm definitely asking for anyone's prayers to help me be courageous and trust in the Lord with this new leadership calling.  I most DEFINITELY cannot do this on my own.  I sent you letter in the mail Thursday night letting you know all this but I assume you probably haven't gotten it yet.

General Conference was seriously the best thing ever this weekend.  I seriously loved it!

Love you guys! Sorry I wish I had more time to email!

Love
Sister Wawro

No comments:

Post a Comment