Monday, October 21, 2013

Service and Trampolines

This week was just wonderful!

We also had quite a bit of service opportunities this week.  First, we pulled bushes and trees and shrubs and weeds from this hill on the side of someone's house and let me tell you...it was truly pretty hard labor, I was most definitely sore!  Then we put together a trampoline... wow.  I cannot even begin to tell you how hard that was.  Actually its pretty humorous because none of us had any idea how difficult it would be.  We were like 'yeah, we'll just throw this thing together, put the parts in and then be done in about an hour.'  Haha, no.. three hours later.  It was probably so funny to the people passing by watching these 3 women pulling with all of our might and yanking on these springs and the trampoline material stretching it to connect to the poles.  It was really fun though and a great bonding experience.  Then we helped someone paint their porch.

So first we have TWO new investigators.  The first is a college student who we met tracting. He was raised in another church but isn't sure that he believes that full religion.  He respects the Mormon church's values and how fast the church is growing.  We were already able to teach him the first two lessons this week! The coolest thing is answering his questions. So much of his other church left holes in the doctrine that he wondered about, and then our doctrine filled in those holes.  We explained that is because we truly have the fullness of the gospel, and that we do not reject and bash other religions, but we simply add more to their truth and increase their knowledge.

The second one was a referral from a ward member and she is just golden.  She is in her 60's and has had a rough life but found Jesus and has worshiped him ever since.  She is looking for a "church" family.  She wants to quit smoking and she knows that as she hangs around a group of peers that are good people, they will lift her up and she will want to be better.  We were able to teach her the restoration last night in a members home and she cried when we played the restoration video.  The spirit was so strong during the video, I kept feeling prompted to invite her to baptized but kept battling in my head that it was too soon.  Finally when I could bear it no longer I asked, after bearing testimony of the truth of Joseph Smith.  She said 'Yes of course I'll be baptized!  I know Joseph Smith is a true prophet!'  So that was such a testimony building experience.  I was like tearing up from joy.  She also just loves us, when we said goodbye to her last night she kissed me on the cheek and said thank you.  Have I mentioned how much I love being a missionary!?!?  BEST 18 months ever!  Honestly I cannot even imagine not being on a mission, oh the joy we receive every day from having prayers answered and witness miracles, and watching someones life change RIGHT in front of your eyes.

Oh! Another thing is we found two potential GOLDEN investigators!  They were referrals we went to visit and the first lady is like 'yeah, I watch BYU-TV and I watch 'The District', (a show about the Mormon missionaries and the work that they do) she's like 'the missionaries are like the nicest people, I watch their show on TV and they are so prayerful about each person, I want to meet the missionaries!'  So that was AWESOME. :)  The second people go and visit temple square and go to the pageants and all this stuff every year and gave us their number to call back and come visit them!  It has just been such a great week and I am feeling truly so so blessed to be here.  I really hope I do not get transferred come November 19th!


Also I forget to tell you, I was asked to sing in the missionary Christmas devotional!  So that's pretty exciting :)  The mission comes together every so often and has devotionals.  At Christmas time the whole mission takes a picture together at the Christmas devotional and I get a copy when I go home.  Last night, the Assistant to the Mission President texted me and asked if I wanted to participate or have a part in the devotional.  I think I'm doing a duet with someone, so that is awesome. What an honor to be asked!

We had Paul V. Johnson from the 70 came and gave a devotional on Wednesday...WOW. Powerful.  I got to shake his hand and the spirit was so strong, that was awesome,

Well I am really happier than ever, the mission really and truly is flying by.  I can't believe it.  This is the hardest thing I've ever loved!  I am growing so so much, and the Lord is blessing me in tremendous ways.  I am just filled with joy and it's the best feeling to have this like 80% of the time!  Its hard, but you have to dig through dirt to find the diamonds and when you find one, it makes everything worth it!

Love and Miss you all!

Love, Sister Wawro
*****************************

Carina (center) with her new companion, Sister Tate on the left, and a recent convert to the church on the right.  They were having a ward party. 


One more of Sister Tate and Sister Wawro.  I remarked to Carina how she has always been such a beautiful girl, but how she's even more beautiful as a missionary with God's light shining in her face.  Pure beauty and happiness, and the BEST kind!  :)  This is from Carina's email today:  "This picture was from yesterday at church, we got to teach primary because the teacher didn't show up, and let me tell you it was so wonderful!!  I loved getting to work with the little kids.  The other BEST part of being a missionary is that the little kids just LOVE you.  Every Sunday the little kids just run up to us screaming down the hall "THE MISSIONARIES" and attack us with a hug.  Its the cutest thing - seriously, I just love that.  One little girl (she's only 3) came up to me all shy and in this tender precious voice, invited me to her birthday party. SO CUTE!!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment