Monday, April 7, 2014

First Full Week in Lake Stevens!

Well this week was definitely better!  We found a few new possible investigators, which is nice because I'm getting so burnt out tracting. Lol!  It's like door after door after door.  But I have had some funny experiences, ok well - awkward ones.  Like, at this one house Sister Adams was like, "Oh wow, this lady has a cool mural on her wall" and I was like, "Oh I want to see!"  SO I'm looking through the window and just then the lady walks right by the window inside the house, all creeped-out, and needless to say, she never came to the door.  But there were only a few door-slams this week, so that was nice - there wasn't too much anger.  Lol!  You really build tough skin on a mission!

One girl we met is a new mom and her husband was just deported.  So she told us she was open to learning and listening to what we have to say.  Another similar situation with a couple others like that.  We tracted a military housing unit so that was really cool.  Found a few potential people that we will try and go back to.

General Conference was just amazing.  I really needed it.  I had many answers to prayers that were just exactly what I needed.   I was praying so hard the night before and pouring out my hardships and struggles and concerns and was just like, "why am I leaving my family and sacrificing so much and we have no one to teach?  No investigators, we tract all day,  I'm just burnt out, slammed doors and rude people and no one listening, and then in conference the first speaker, Elder Holland, says (I feel like DIRECTLY to me) "To those missionaries out there who are tirelessly and effortlessly working and wondering if this is worth is.  YES IT IS.  The result if not is:  desolate.  Desolate houses, desolate familes, desolate nations. " He was speaking just to me.  The Lord ALWAYS hears and answers our prayers.  He is aware of us.  He knows us and loves us. 

This has been the hardest transfer ever to be away from home.  But I've probably grown the most too, so just like they said over and over in conference, trials are blessings, mishaps bring us closer to God, and it's "the load" as Elder Bednar talks about, that helps us get back home.  I'm trying to find joy in my trials so that has been a good perspective.  I also loved L. Tom Perry, talking about faith and obedience brings blessings!  I JUST kept thinking of dad and his focus in seminary!!!!

I joined the ward choir and I LOVE it.  There are only a few of us, but it reminds me of home.  Also, there is a lady in the ward that looks just like Aunt Wanda!  Same hair and face, same height and she even has the same sweet voice!  So it was kinda like "aww man, I miss home" but then also kinda nice, feeling like I am home!

Not much else has happened.  It was a good week.  Today for p-day we are going to Mt. Vernon for the huge tulip and daffodil festival!  So that will be really fun! 

I know the Lord will continue to help and bless our area.  Thanks for all the love and support!

Love
Sister Wawro

PICTURES:

Here's our house, when you first walk in the door:


Another view from the kitchen, and then the kitchen itself:



Stairs going up (and you've already seen my room, but here it is again):




(From Mom/Janene:  This is my good friend, Julie, who lives near where Carina is serving.  After she was transferred, I found out she wasn't far and asked if she wouldn't mind dropping off a little 'love from home', to welcome her to her new area.  It was fun seeing two worlds I love 'collide', and two beautiful women!  Thank you, Julie, for your kindess, time, and thoughtful efforts!!!  I just love this picture!)


No comments:

Post a Comment