First, we found "R" tracting, we taught her 'The Restoration' this week. It was awesome because after we did she was like "wait, hold on, I'm sorry you've already said some things I have no idea about...atonement, repentance...I have no religious background, I'm so embarrassed but you are going to have to help me." It was so sweet! She is a fresh clean slate, I love it, no religious background at all, we just get to work up from ground zero with her. We had an amazing first lesson, she said the closing prayer, first time she has ever prayed period, and she accepted the invitation to be baptized. It was such a miracle lesson. She is a young mom that wants her two girls to grow up with a religious foundation and "we came at just the right time in her life." What a blessing and a miracle. I am so excited to work with her.
Then we met with "R" who has been investigating since October. We just had a 'Define the Relationship' lesson, asked him what he wants, does he want to baptized, and what steps to help get him there. The spirit was so strong in our lesson and I felt the spirit so strongly especially as I bore testimony of Joseph Smith, of The Book of Mormon, of the Priesthood power and authority here on earth, and the blessings that await him as he follows Jesus Christ and puts Him first in his life. Then on Sunday for the first time, he stayed for church, not just Sacrament, he came to class and had great answers to questions. He is finally reading the book of Mormon, coming to church, and progressing in the gospel. What a week of miracles.
I am doing so much better. This is exactly the fire I needed in my missionary efforts. I love to teach! My favorite part about missionary work is getting the opportunity to boldly testify of the things I know to be true. There is no better feeling in the world.
This week I have really been studying prayer. I am reading so many wonderful stories like Exodus 17, Moses and the people of Israel needing water. Moses prays and asks "What shall I do?" While the Lord answers him and provides him with the knowledge of the rock and rod to bring forth water. Or 1 Nephi 16 when Nephi breaks his bow, he builds a new one and then asks "Where shall I go?" As the Lord directs him to follow the Liahona where he is lead to food to provide for his family. I want to apply these into my own prayers instead of asking for all these things that I need. To pray how I can help others, ask as Nephi did "Where shall I go today Lord, who needs the gospel, how can I find them?" And then to ask as Moses "What shall I do, what shall I testify to them of?" Just as the primary song says "Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way" I want to give all I have to Him and allow Him to direct me where I should go.
Easter Sunday was wonderful. The talks were just spot-on and powerful as each speaker testified of the Savior. It was a beautiful service, and I got to sing in the choir which brought the spirit to me and many others as well. And so many sweet people at church gave us Easter baskets and candy and all this really sweet stuff. This is truly a special place and I really do love Lake Stevens and the people here.
Thank you for all the love and support!
Love
Sister Wawro
PICTURES:
So we had a nail night during our down-time before bed, but since we had no time for them to dry before we went to bed we had to use the blow dryer...so fun!
"Got to see my name!"
Easter pictures before church with all four sisters living in the same house
(Sis. Adams, Sis. Arave, Sister Yeager, Sister Wawro)
Even some silly ones!
Yes - missionaries like to have fun. LOL!
All pictures taken in their gorgeous backyard.
No comments:
Post a Comment