Well. This week was pretty melodramatic.
First I LOVE thrifting so much. The thrift stores on the island are all anyone talks about, so we decided to get into it and I am loving it! Let me tell you about my last find. I got 5 skirts, 2 shirts, a red pea-coat, and stationary for $19! You cannot beat that. Its because so many people on the island are so wealthy, and they all donate to the thrift store and then "us poor folk" get brand new stuff that these people barely ever used! So that has been really fun on P-day.
We still haven't got the "transfer text" sent out so we aren't positive if we are staying but I'm about 999999.999999% positive we are both fine, since I have to finish training Sister Tate in the 12 week program. So I'm not feeling too worried. But I don't think I'll last another transfer after that. This next one is only a 5 week transfers so those missionaries going home, will make it for Christmas. I thought that was really nice of President to do. So put it on your calendars, December 17th.
Well, there is a virus going around the island called the "Norah virus" and it is evil. They are shutting down schools because of it and all this stuff. One member in the ward was telling us they got a call to go pick up their kid from school, and there were like 20-25 kids in the nurse's office puking waiting for parents. Its just this crazy thing.. anyways I CAUGHT IT. Of course, it was awful. Thursday night I started throwing up every hour on the hour. So that was pretty rough. I literally slept the entire day on Friday, except for getting up every hour. I got a priesthood blessing that night and didn't throw up after that. I felt better on Saturday, but Sister Bonham said to stay home Saturday because its a 72-hour contagious period once the virus is in your system. That was so miserable, I absolutely hated just sitting around all day. I mean I got LOTS of studying in and that was nice, but I was so tired of being stuck at home, so when Sunday came around and we could go to church I was SO excited to just get out of the house!
Sunday was great, we went to this fireside called a "Cottage Meeting" where we get to bring recent converts and investigators to hear people who were recently baptized in the mission. It so cool because I just love to hear new converts' testimonies on how they found the gospel and their journey to it. It's always held at the mission president's home and its one Sunday a month. It was so great to go and hear that last night and it gets me pumped to go out and find people after hearing those stories!
Well Elder David A. Bednar and Elder Swhitzer (from second quorum of 70) come this Saturday. I am SO super excited! I literally cannot wait, we get to shake his hand and look him in the eye and talk to him. I am just beside myself right now. So that is this Saturday, very exciting :) Can't wait to fill you in.
Well I am loving it as always! Some days are really hard, and I do get home sick, and I do get tired, but then we have an awesome lesson or a prayer is answered. And to see those tender mercies from the Lord is what makes it all worth it! So needless to say I have been very blessed :)
Love
Sister Wawro
************
P.S. Sidenotes from mom: After emailing back and forth with Carina today, she got the text that she is NOT getting transferred. So, she'll be staying on Whidbey Island for at least another 6 weeks. The next transfer date is Dec. 17th, so we'll find out then if she spends the holiday in Whidbey, or if she'll be having Christmas in a brand new area.
*Bonus things shared via emailing today that I thought I'd pass along:
-There
are "literally no fast food places" on the island. LOL! When they go
off the island into Langley, there is a Target though.
-If you want to send her a little something, she says she loves the "ECO Green" brand of cards from Target for sending little cards and thank you notes. She also loves any kind of stickers to put on the outside.
-She said that their mission is made up of 40% Sister Missionaries right now. Wow! Girl Power!
-She said that on Christmas Day she'll get to Skype us for 45 minutes. Woohoo! Plan on us being hermits that day, waiting for her call and getting to see her beautiful face! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment