Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Three Months Already?

Well, this Thursday marks my three-month missionary birthday, that's kinda weird that it really is moving so fast, but I am loving every minute.  I don't have as much time today, so my letter will probably be shorter.

First we just found out that ELDER BEDNAR is coming to our mission to speak to the missionaries next Saturday November 23rd.  Yes, this is real life and I am freaking out!  I get to shake an apostle of the Lord's hand!  Also (we probably shouldn't have favorites) but Bednar is definitely a fave.  So yeah I am super pumped for that!

We found two new investigators this week, that was such a blessing.  And we taught a total of FOURTEEN lessons this week!  I was amazed how busy we were, it was so awesome.  The moments I am happiest on the mission are definitely while teaching lessons, getting the opportunity to bear my testimony of Christ and His teachings, how that knowledge has blessed my life, and how it can bless theirs.  It really doesn't get much better than that.

We helped with a big garage sale this week - that was really fun.  One of the members is moving to the other side of the world and is getting rid of literally everything in her house and just starting fresh.  She was feeling anxious about it and wanted our help.  We ended up staying way longer than planned because people were trying to rip her off and we didn't want that to happen.  So it was kind of fun running the whole thing pretty much and her having put so much trust in us!

Not too much else happened this week.  Just busy busy busy, which is a really good thing.  We went ice skating yesterday as a district and that was really fun, its fun to be "normal" sometimes.  Lol

Well, I am sure loving it still.  It's hard work, but its the best work.  This Thursday I find out if I keep my companion or if I'm training a new one next transfer.  Transfers are next Monday.  I sure hope I stay but I'll be curious to see what happens!  Love you all!

Sister Wawro

It gets dark at like 4:30 by 5pm.  It's black and by 6pm its PITCH BLACK.  It's the weirdest thing, I've never seen anything like it.

This was our district at district meeting. I just love them!

Just some beautiful scenery from WA
 

We saw this beautiful field, and had to take the classic "missionary with Book of Mormon" picture!  LOL

Cool view from the ferry.  We did walk-ons instead of driving on Monday to save car miles and it was pretty neat.

This is my district leader Elder Davis.  He is a great missionary and hilarious!  
But he goes home on Monday.

Tacky wreaths that we found at the Goodwill Outlet.  LOL

Ice skating as a district

No comments:

Post a Comment