Today is an exciting day! Carina left the MTC early (like, up at 3am early) to head to the airport with those serving in her mission. I'm sure they are all going to be just exhausted by the day's end, but it will be such an exciting day too. We've been loving her mailed letters from the MTC and she continues to encourage everyone to contact her via 'DearElder.com'. I'll post her mission address when I have it.
Sidenote...I was driving home from dropping all the kids at school and saw an 801 area code come through on my phone. I thought for sure it must be Carina calling from the airport, and it was! Woohoo! I only got to talk to her for a few minutes, but it was beautiful to hear her voice. She was waiting to use the airport pay phones but they were all full and she was getting worried that she wouldn't have time to call us. Thankfully, a beautiful, wonderful stranger came up and saw a need and filled it. He asked if she needed to use his phone to call home before leaving (she's wearing her nametag and if he's a church member, he probably knows this airport scene. LOL!). She said yes and was grateful. I sent him a quick text of thanks afterward and his response was, "You're welcome. May the Lord bless her and your family for her sacrifice at this time. Glad to do my small part." It was extremely heartwarming and hope that he is blessed for giving a simple service to someone in need today.
We are looking forward to her next round of pictures and info to share her, but I know her next few days are going to be quite crazy. We are grateful for the love and support our family and friends are showing. She has let us know about the emails and letters she's received, and they are highlights to get, so THANK YOU! :)
Janene
No comments:
Post a Comment