Monday, January 12, 2015

Funny Videos

I can't believe today starts my last transfer, my last 6 weeks in the mission field.  The time has gone by way too fast. 

This week was a really great week and we saw lots of miracles.  We did lots of tracting and we found some great people.  We found "T" this week, he is in his 30's and has met with missionaries before.  We taught him the restoration and he even said the closing prayer, the first time he ever prayed out loud.  It was awesome!  We also met a lady named "A".  This was the highlight of our week.  She is a single mom of 2 kids, and you could clearly see that she has had a hard life.  She let us right in and we began to teach her the Restoration.  We teach the first principle, that God is our Loving Heavenly Father and she just breaks down.  Through tears in her eyes she says how she hasn't had a father, and neither do her kids, and the fact that they can rely on God as a father to them that loves them, gave her hope.  We weren't even able to get through the rest of our leasson because the spirit directed us to focus solely on her importance as a daughter of God, and His eternal love for her.  We bore our testimonies of how we were guided and directed to visit her at that specific time, and that God knows her and her needs and He sent us to help her.  She just cried the entire time, it was such a powerful lesson.  Sister Rodda was amazing, seriously this was our best lesson together.  With tears in her eyes she bore powerful testimony of God's love.  I was just so proud of her.  It was such a miracle!

So I finished the entire standard works cover to cover, and it was AMAZING so I have decided to read again.  This time I have started with the New Testament.  I have been specifically studying the parables lately.  Christ taught in such a perfect way and he gives such perfect answers to all things.  I just recently read the parable of the Laborers in the Vineyard.  What a great story of hope.  Although the laborers all came at different times, and worked different hours, even the ones that came "in the eleventh hour" still got the same pay, a penny, that the laborers that worked since the morning, or "first hour."  When I first read this and how those that worked all day were expecting to get a higher pay as they saw those that came last got paid a penny, they were then disappointed when they too only received a penny.  I get their frustration!  I would be a little upset and see it as unfair. Although there can be many interpretations of this meaning, one great meaning I think is that Christ uses this as such a great example of those that are born into the church, they work hard from the beginning, then there are some converts that come along, a little later, but they too get the same reward of eternal life.  The same reward of those who were born with the privilege of having the gospel.  Christ is perfect and His gospel is perfect and He wants everyone to come, with no limitations.  They get the same reward, the Atonement is still for them too.  Also Elder Holland gives a great talk on this, and Christ's compassion on those who only worked for an hour.  They would have been happy for anything, any chance to work and even though they came last, Christ with His compassion paid them too, in full.  There are so many good lessons to learn from all these parables and I look forward to reading them all again and studying them out.  :)

Also I have been studying the life of the Prophet Ezra Taft Benson, since he is the one we are studying this year in Relief Society.  What a great man he was, so humble and kind.  And boy did he love the Book of Mormon.  It was neat reading about how he was called to work with 24 boys in a youth group.  He loved them and taught them, and all 22 stayed active.  A number of years later when he checked on them, the 2 that had fallen away he checked on and helped them back to activity and later performed their temple sealings.  He also had such a love for his country and truly saw America as a chosen land of love and liberty and freedom.  He was asked by President Eisenhower to serve on his cabinet in the position of Secretary of Agriculture for the entire nation.  The best part of this is he was currently also an Apostle at the time, and he began all government meetings with prayer.  Can you imagine the change of difference in our government if every government official began with a prayer?  Inviting The Lord to guide and direct them in the needs of the country?  As I was reading I was feeling so saddened that I didn't even get to know this sweet man I have been studying about.  But then at the very end I read that he died May 30, 1994, so we were on the earth together for 14 days!  :)  But really how blessed are we to have prophets to lead and guide us in these last days.

So next Monday, the 19th, the library is closed and then Tuesday we have a zone conference and will be gone all day so I am not sure when I'll be emailing.  So just letting you know - maybe Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning, we'll see.

I hope to work as hard as I can these last few weeks in the field.  We haven't received the transfer text yet, but I am feeling pretty safe given that I am still training Sister Rodda.  :)

Love you all!
Sister Wawro

VIDEOS:

Took a video while in the car wash... being silly.  We got a little carried away and didn't realize the car wash was over..... the guy had to come over and tap on our car for us to move.  It cracked us up!!!!!!!!!!!

#howdypal
#onthedaily

#hellojanene (Mom:  this one cracked me up!!)


PICTURES:

 Our zone!

Being silly in the car wash (see video!  LOL!)

Love this city!

So beautiful!!

#eatinhealthy

No comments:

Post a Comment