If anyone remembers "D.H." that I talked about on Whidbey Island, "sometimes I just feel like I'm in another world" or the one that says God is actually a unisex being, both man and woman, handsome and beautiful... yeah. Well I think I've met his twin brother! Seriously, we met a guy this week that told us all about his baptism of fire in the mountains where messianic Jews meet. 40 people prayed over his body and he thought he was dying, but then he realized this intense heat was actually his baptism of fire. Oh poor Sister Rodda, welcome to mission life. The good the bad and the ugly. Haha that was sure interesting. Also his wife see auras and his daughter sees spirits. He closed our lesson with a beautiful recitation of poetry.
We did have a few good lessons though, we found some new less-active members that are interesting in returning to activity. Our sweet "R" that got baptized a while ago (we had to move her baptism up because she was diagnosed with cancer) she is doing so well. She only has one more chemo and 2 radiation treatments left, she is looking better and better, and remaining in high spirits. She is such an example to me. She really has kept the faith.
"A" is doing well and preparing for baptism. We went through the baptism interview questions with her and she was great. The craziest thing is, her dad showed up and he starts telling us how he has met with missionaries in the past too and he was thinking about doing it again, he didn't even know that "A" was getting ready to be baptized! So that was really awesome, I know that was no coincidence.
I got the "Life of Jesus Christ: 50 Bible Videos" (THANKS MOM!!!) And it is just amazing. Sister Rodda and I have been watching it every day in all our free time. We have used it in lessons and brought it to member dinners as we share a message and then play a video about The Savior. It has really helped to strengthen my relationship with Christ especially as I am reading the New Testament. These videos help to just bring those stories to life. My favorite video is the "Because of Him" we have especially loved bringing that into members homes because it just brings the spirit immediately. Every time I watch it, I get teary. Every time I testify of Christ and how He really is the reason for everything, I get teary. Its the best video ever and I recommend if you haven't seen it to watch it! Also this DVD is great and its only $5 on the lds store, or you can watch them all free online at https://www.lds.org/bible-videos/?lang=eng
"Because of Him" Video - Click Here
Our mission president sent all the departing missionaries an email all about going home stuff. It's just crazy to fathom. All these interviews, conferences, go home dinners, figuring out where to sleep. Its crazy
I cant believe we only have 3 email days left......
Love you all!
Sister Wawro
PICTURES:
Pics: The sweet Ridgley family. They are like our grandparents, we love them. They SPOIL us. This week they took us to a super nice asian Mongolian grill place. :) I love it because I can get my seafood on!
P-Day
VIDEO:
No comments:
Post a Comment