Wednesday, August 13, 2014

ONE YEAR GONE!?

We had exchanges this week and I was with Sister Mailau, which was absolutely wonderful.  It felt so good to go to work.  We found two new investigators, had some great lessons, and talked with everyone!  It was just awesome. 

Sister Jones is still not up to full health yet - she hasn't had a full day of working yet and is still not sleeping every night, resulting in her needing to sleep in every morning. I've been enjoying the time I have to study and also to work on the area book and maps, but I look forward to the day we can just go and work a full day.  I hope by the end of this week, she will get feeling better.

We met a part-member family this week that is interested in having family home evening with us.  It's a couple (the dad is the member) and they have a 13 year old daughter, so that is exciting.  Our investigator Harvey wants to be baptized, he is just the sweetest man and has a heart of gold.  He's been reading the Book of Mormon every day and he understands the stories, and we did the pamphlet lesson with him this week and he totally understood the Restoration.  We worried because his mindset is that of a child, but I was impressed with the retention and knowledge he does have.  The bishop met with him on Sunday to go over the baptismal questions and see if he is accountable, and he feels as though he is, so that is exciting.

We also had a less-active member show up to church, and she brought her cousin with her. After the three hours her cousin wanted to set up lessons, asked for the Gospel Principles book, and wanted a Book of Mormon.  It was a miracle!  She said she didn't know why, but she just felt like she was supposed to come to church with her cousin this morning.  What a tender mercy.

I also had to speak in church Sunday.  The topic was "Come unto Christ" from Moroni 10:32.  I know it was inspired to have assigned me that talk, because I really needed it.  I was able to write and teach about everything I've been studying.  I used the "Believing Christ" book, and focused on the Atonement and how Christ is ALWAYS there, and all He asks is that WE take that action step to COME.  As Elder Bednar says, to be agent - not an object - to be acted upon.  After I gave that talk and bore my testimony, it was the best I have felt in a really long time.

Tell Brittan happy birthday!!  I've been thinking about her all weekend - did she open my gift yet???  And what did she say?  What was her reaction?  LOL!  It's so weird that she's going to start driving!

Love you all!

Sister Wawro 


Sidenote from mom (Today is Aug. 11th - exactly one year since Carina's farewell talk at church and then her evening party.  It was also Brittan's birthday, but she chose to celebrate it another day so that Carina could enjoy her last final day in Denton.  Time is just flying by!  Here are some flashback pictures to August 11th, 2013)

With a few friends who came to her farewell address at church

Some of mom's best friends!

Grandpa Palmer - in town for first grandchild/missionary!

With buddy, Robert Mott, now in the MTC preparing to leave for Ecuador!

Farewell party food!

Just a few of the 200+ people who stopped by to say goodbye!

With another buddy, Wyatt Evans, now serving a mission in Louisville, Kentucky!

With some of her favorite high school friends!  Love these girls!  :)



PICTURES FROM CARINA:

I got to use a jack hammer...that was awesome!!


Loving the bikes!


Cool wall art!


Adorable kittens we found and gave to a less-active member.. she was so happy! 
And they were just ADORABLE!

Exhanges in Ferndale with Sister Mailau, she's from Tonga but came to the states when she was 13.  She has 3 siblings on missions now.  So fun!

This train broke, and we were trapped on one side of town! 
We had to look forever to find the end of the train.  It was quite an adventure.  LOL!

My companion, Sister Jones.   :)

Zone meeting 

Sis. Oswald!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment