We were able to contact a former investigator, "S"who has changed her whole life around, and is ready for the gospel. She just got out of a rehab program, where she was addicted to heroine and marijuana. CPS took her 2 kids away for 2 years, but she recently got them back in January. She has a case file going on, the government is still monitoring her lifestyle and living situation and such, but it's looking good for her keeping the kids. She has such a kind heart and is doing everything she can to be a good mom. She wants her kids raised in a church with good morals and values, and she truly desires to do what is right.
We found another investigator, "V" who was dropped because they couldn't get in contact with her. We finally were able to reach her and she is ready to come back to church. She said she dropped the missionaries because once she decided to be baptized everything in her life went wrong! So we explained how hard Satan works on those who are about to do something great. We promised blessings of the gospel and how this would change her life. She came to all 3 hours of church and to the CSYF fireside and LOVED it. On the car ride home she said this was one of the happiest days she has had in a while.
We saw a few miracles this week that were pretty awesome. First, we were at dinner at a restaurant a member took us to. The guy next to us looked sad and just kept drinking beer watching the game on tv. Then randomly he turned around and started talking to us from across the restaurant, asking if we were missionaries like the elders he sees. We replied that we were and then the door was open. He turned back around but I got up and went and sat by him in the booth and asked him about his life. He said he wasn't happy and he is trying to make some changes. I bore my testimony of how I haven't always made the best choices in life either, but when I changed my ways, did what was right, came to church and found God... there was happiness. I gave him our number and church address and a pamphlet. He didn't show up to church even though we invited, but I left feeling so good, and I know that was no coincidence.
Second, we were going to visit a less-active family. So we knock on their door and are like 'oh hey is this the "H" family, we are the new missionaries in the area!' They invite us in and we have a little small talk and then they are like 'so what are you here for?' Turns out the less active family "H" do not live there anymore, and the family that does live there, name is Henson's - they just misunderstood us when we asked! So we laughed and then explained what we as missionaries do. They recently just changed their whole life around and found God, they recently joined a church, but are always willing to learn more and grow in their understanding. We promised the message we had to share would bless their life and asked if we could come back and they said yes! Best part is... they are a family of 7! 5 kids ages 13-18. What a blessing, and definitely not a coincidence.
I love these moments of missionary work. My mission has just changed my life so much, I feel so blessed and grateful to be here.
Love
Sister Wawro
PICTURES:
About to donate blood
Gave blood!
The last time I donated blood was my junior year of high school and I
threw up all over myself and the nurse taking my blood. It was so
embarrassing and traumatizing. I am so thankful all went well this
time!
We hit one year! It makes me so sad actually. The time goes by too quick
The "G" kids whom I LOVE and adore.
This
is "M.N." who I LOOOVVEEE. And I got to see her last night at
the fireside - I just didn't expect that. It was the BEST surprise
ever!!!! She just got home from her mission. Her parents, who I love, are in Lake Stevens. I totally cried saying bye to their family when I left. We just totally connected. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment