Monday, June 16th
Well, we got the transfer text today and I am staying in Lake Stevens for another 6 weeks! My companion, Sister Adams, is being transferred. Pray for my new companion, I'll pick her up tomorrow at 4pm. :)
Well, this week we had to drop our investigators because they are not progressing, it sure took a lot of faith. But we are following the counsel of our leaders and I know as we show The Lord we are going to spend our time working with those who WANT to learn, that don't just want to talk about life, we will be blessed to find those who are prepared.
We got to sub in primary yesterday for the 3 year old sunbeam class, so fun! I love primary and singing the songs, and they gave snacks to everyone it was awesome. Haha, but in all honesty, I truly loved it and I hope to one day be a teacher or music leader or something in Primary because it was just so much fun, and the spirit of those little kids are just so sweet!
Not much else is new here, although I want to share a neat experience I had this week, slightly embarrassing, but we all learn from our mistakes right?
I had a "come to Jesus" moment this week, where I think Satan was just really working on me. I was feeling easily frustrated and short tempered. And then... I was humbled. I just felt this overwhelming feeling of "Sister Wawro, its not even about YOU." Truly, this mission is not about me. I didn't come on a mission to serve myself. I didn't come on a mission to think about me and my needs. I came to be a representative of Jesus Christ, the perfect example of a selfless master in all He did. He constantly turned outward instead of inward, and He constantly looked for ways to serve others. Even after he had fasted for 40 day and was tempted by Satan, angels were sent to minister unto Him, and what did he do? We learn in the JST that he sent them to John, who was in prison. What an example of selflessness. After the garden of Gethsemane, after taking on all the sins and pains of the entire world, all of mankind, he healed the man's ear that had been cut by one of his disciples. This man was coming to take Jesus, to arrest him, essentially he was an enemy, a traitor, but nonetheless...Jesus healed him. So I have really been trying to just reach out to others and to minister to others just as Christ himself would.
So I am looking forward to implementing this in my missionary efforts with everyone. To be more Christlike in all aspects. With investigators, members, companions, and everyone.
Happy Father's Day to everyone! I learned that in 1910 a woman in Spokane, Washington came up with Father's day to honor the men, and in 1972 it became a nationally recognized holiday. Shout out to Washington!
Love you all!
Sister Carina Wawro
PICTURES:
Here I am with my companion, Sister Adams, by the Lake Stevens sign
Here is my district, the smaller one, and my zone - the bigger one. We
meet as a district of missionaries every Wednesday and go over training
on how to be better missionaries. We meet as a zone, which is multiple
districts and also receive training as well from our leaders. They are
sure fun people!
This is my ward mission leader Wilson Quist. He is THE BEST. He served
his mission in Denton, Texas. What are the odds? And he makes gourmet
hot chocolate! We meet with him every Wednesday as well to discuss what
we are doing and how we can get other church members involved in the
work.
We ate lunch at the park and these cute ducks were everywhere and they would come right up to us!
Then we saw these cool golden berries everywhere! Apparently they are a
northwest rarity. It was awesome - I have never seen anything like this!
Two sweet members that I just love!
These are the Sudholts', our mission
office couple, their mission ends this week. SO SAD. I love love love
love them, they are truly the sweetest couple ever. Also another small
world, their daughter, Bethany Pabst, is from Denton, Texas! So they can come visit me!
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment