But the best part was our sweet mission president's wife, Sister Bonham, made me some homemade chicken noodle soup and drove it over to me! It made my whole day, I just couldn't believe it. Of the 250 missionaries in our mission, she thought of ME personally, she knew me and my needs personally. That experience helped me to better understand Heavenly Father's love for me as well. Of the millions and trillions of people that have been on the world, and are still on the earth, at the end of the day he STILL knows me, by name and my needs individually.
Its been a rough week, I am so sleepy. I haven't slept for the past 3 nights because I cough so much at night. I am still feeling a bit under the weather, my throat is much better and sinus drainage has gone down, the problem is, for some reason at night everything goes wrong. I won't cough all day but the second my body realizes it's time for bed, it goes into a cough attack and continues all night, literally all night, allowing for no sleep. This makes it tricky because my body NEEDS the rest so it can get better. But today Sister Bonham told me to get some over-the-counter cough medicine and Alka Seltzer Plus.
I didn't let the sickness get me down this week, we still taught some lessons and found a new investigator, "T"! She has a loooooong road ahead of her and has had quite the past, but everyone needs the Savior and we are here to invite EVERYONE to learn and accept the gospel regardless of their past. She told us up front that she will never be a Mormon, and so when I asked her what her purpose in meeting with us was, she said that she just wants "to draw closer to God." I can work with that! I'm sure Saul never thought he would one day be a follower of Christ, and one day be known as one of the greatest missionaries, the well-known Apostle Paul. And I'm sure Alma the younger who went around destroying the Church, didn't think he would one day teach and baptize many and BRING many into the church instead of destroying it. There is a path for everyone back to Christ, so I am excited to work with her.
Other than that, I am doing well. I've been thinking so much about faith lately. Our area is just so dry right now, we just can't seem to find people to teach or who are interested, and my faith has just been tested over and over again. And then it occurred to me, faith HAS to be tested, to be faith! What is faith without challenges? Many times when a miracle happens, it is AFTER the trial of our faith. When blessings of healing are given sometimes the person gets worse before they get better. Just as it is in our area - we may have this long stretch of nothing just before we find ALL these people who are ready and prepared. I know the Lord has great things in store for this area. I know that if this is the place that He wants me to be, then He will help me achieve what I need to do here.
Remember the missionary serving in Denton in Grandma's ward, from Everett, that I met and took a picture with? Well, I was at dinner and telling the story to the Dupapes, and then later at the end of dinner they were telling us about their daughter (who is on a mission in Oklahoma, coming home next month), and they were telling us about her friend that comes home the same time she does, and they're like "its fun because she's in OK and he's in TX serving in Dallas, and then showed me a picture and I was like "THAT'S THE MISSIONARY I MET!!!!!!!!!!", and she's like "his parents meet at the same building we do for church!" So I HAVE to get that picture! His name is Nathan Proffitt (see picture below that I - mom - dug for and found on Carina's Instagram account. LOL!)
I am excited to see what this week will bring.
Sister Wawro
PICTURES:
Here are the Sudholt's. I LOVE THEM. Their mission ends soon. :(
I had to take a pic with them before they left. Such a small world - they are Bethany Pabst's parents, one of my old young women leaders from home!!!!!
This is Elder Nathan Proffitt - he was serving in Grandma Betty's ward here in Denton, and when she found out that he was from Everett (where Carina had just been called to serve), she called up Carina to come over and meet and talk to him. Such a small world! I'm sure his parents will LOVE seeing this picture. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment