Monday, May 5, 2014

Trip back to Whidbey Island

Well this week was pretty good!  Not too much happened.  We are still tirelessly and effortlessly tracting all day, every day.  We get to talk to some some neat people and have interesting experiences.  For the most part, everyone is pretty nice.  I haven't been yelled at or chased off or anything so that is a plus.  But we just haven't been able to find anyone that is interested.  I know there are prepared hearts to find, we just have to dig through dirt to get the diamonds, and sometimes that takes a while.  I know every experience I have had with investigators getting baptized, sitting in sacrament watching them receive the Holy Ghost, or witnessing their ordinance of baptism, or just having a strong and spiritual lesson where you know they know what you are saying is true, in that moment, it makes everything worth it.  Every slammed door, every 'no', it makes it ALL worth it.  So I am holding onto those experiences knowing there is a calm after the storm, there is a diamond in the dirt, and there is a soul in Lake Stevens who is wanting to be saved.  Wanting and looking for peace in this life and in The Savior and as a set-apart representative of Jesus Christ, I can find them and bring them that happiness.

We've kept track of all our lessons and stats for this transfer.  And the results are, in the past 6 weeks we taught 63 lessons to recent converts and less actives.  And we taught 81 total lessons: recent convert, less active, investigators etc.  Then we invited 220 people to hear the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  If nothing else, I know Heavenly Father is proud of our diligent efforts.

Oh I almost forgot, I had the wonderful experience of going back to Whidbey Island for a baptism!  It was so wonderful, I had the blessing and opportunity to speak at it on baptism.  The spirit was so strong as I bore my witness and sincere testimony to "I" on how important this ordinance is in opening the door to salvation and exaltation, and preparing herself to be worthy to enter the kingdom of God.  It was so nice to go back and see all my old favorites!  Sister Black and Shelly Mac and the Moss's and others!  And of course my sweet Sister Oswald.  We got to sing in the chapel after together, just like old times.  I was so thankful that we were able to come back.

I am most recently studying the conference talks, printing them off during email/mormon.org time and studying them in the way that we were counseled to study the talks when Elder Bednar was coming. I can't remember who said this quote but I just recently heard this and I loved it. "Hearken unto the words of the prophets as if our salvation depends on it, because it does."  How blessed are we to live in a dispensation where we are lead and guided by a prophet of God!  We should listen to their counsel because it is directly from our Heavenly Father and what HE wants us to hear.

Love you all!

Sister Carina Wawro

PICTURES

Here is my area!

 
The view from someones backyard! 
I've still got my water :)
 

Sunburn! FINALLY!?

Traveling on the ferry back to Whidbey for "I"s baptism

"I"s baptism!
 

My district in Lake Stevens!


No comments:

Post a Comment