Monday, May 12, 2014

Humbling Week

This has been a good week, very humbling.  I have been so fervently praying for the gift of discernment, charity and peace.  I have felt discouraged lately from all our tracting, and not finding anyone to teach. But my prayers were answered, as they always are. This whole week I felt so close to the spirit. I was teary all day, little things people said, reading my scriptures and becoming overwhelmed with happiness.  It was such a blessings and an answer to prayer - this is exactly what I needed. I feel rejuvenated and know the Lord will bless us. Also zone conference this week was amazing.  The last AP was released and called to be our zone leader and he is a true powerhouse missionary.  I felt the spirit so strong and just was so excited to get out and go to work and to try my hardest to hit standards.

My favorite part about missionary work is getting the opportunity to bear my testimony, and making bold commitments.  I love the spirit that I feel when I declare the things I know to be true, and how I came to that knowledge, and then to see them reciprocate those feelings as the spirit witnesses to them that it IS true.  And then I LOVE to be bold and promise blessings.  This week we had a lesson on the Sabbath day where we taught it.  I bore testimony and then boldly declared in the name of Jesus Christ, that if he would keep the Sabbath day, and do all he needs done on Saturday to save Sunday for worship, that his day would be extended, he would be able to get all that he needs done, and then would see insurmountable blessings on Sunday.  We haven't met with him since then, so I don't know if he did follow through, but I just love the spirit that is there to back up when we as missionaries have the power and authority to promise such blessings.

I love how beautiful Washington is.  It is so green everywhere - truly a part of God's masterful creation.  Yes it rains all the time which does get tiring, but all the green needs it to maintain its beauty!

Thank you for all the love and support, I can't believe this week I hit my halfway mark AND my 20th birthday.  It's crazy!

Love you all!
Sister Wawro

PICTURES:

We played volleyball last pday.  SO FUN!  I miss that

The beautiful necklace Julie sent me for my birthday.  I LOVE it!

 
Sister Stillwell.  Love her!
She's writing a book and it' so awesome
 

We helped a lady bake for a Mothers Day gift this week.  So fun!

1 comment:

  1. Sister Wawro and Mom, thank you for such a wonderful blog! Wish I'd known of it earlier as well as some of the Sisters' needs so I could have helped more. But any time you're back on South Whidbey my W & D are at your service. Beautiful Carina, beautiful mom and family. I miss you more than you can imagine.
    -- Sister Jonas

    ReplyDelete