Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A 14-Lesson Week!

Wow, tomorrow makes 5 months that I've been out... what what!  That is just crazy to me.  The time is flying but at the same time, I feel like I've been out here forever.  I honestly can't even picture life outside of a mission.  This really has been the best 5 months of my life.  The hardest, and most challenging as well, but definitely most rewarding.

Well, we just got a new ward mission leader, his name is Brother Jaeger, and he is THE BEST.  He kept feeling prompted that he should go on a mission, but he is a father of 3 young kids, and obviously can't just pick up and go.  He was shortly after called to serve as ward mission leader.  The spirit in sacrament meeting when he was announced was so strong, as our bishop cried and bore testimony of the truthfulness of his calling.  I've never seen anything like that where you just KNOW that person is in the right calling.  It was an awesome experience.  He told us the full story later at his house and it was just powerful.  He is so great, we love their family and I am so excited to see all that we can accomplish together.

This Wednesday we had quite the busy day on the mainland with zone meeting, interviews with President, tags renewed on the car, oil changed, and grocery shopping, but it was a good day.

We helped this sweet lady take down all her Christmas stuff and got to hear about her life stories, joining the church, living on a sailboat for 10 years and sailing the world, teaching English in China, backpacking in Europe, she had quite the life! So that was fun.  And she needed help organizing her Christmas boxes down stairs, and you know I was ALL over that, so that was pretty great.  :) I really have loved to give service so much.

We had a busy week, taught 14 lessons this week!  One family we met were Quakers, they were a referral, but they were very nice and invited us back over to dinner!   I really love to teach and to testify and to feel the spirit literally every single day while I am serving, its the best!

We had cottage meeting last night at the Mission President's home and that was amazing.  So many wonderful testimonies and conversion stories.  The bishop from our ward, Bishop Baesler, was asked to speak and give his conversion story.  I have never felt the spirit more strong in someone's testimony, bearing witness of the truthfulness of the gospel and the power missionaries have in teaching and proclaiming that gospel to others.  It was amazing.  Moments like that, I will never forget.


Oh, we are speaking next Sunday in church with the high councilman and we are singing on February 9th together.  We sang some hymns in the chapel after church (Sister Oswald is a BOMB piano player) and it was so great...it was like being at home singing at Aunt Wanda's house.  :)  Sister Oswald has a great voice, so we are going to sing together "Abide with me 'tis even tide"

Well, nothing else is new here.  A couple of insights I've had on my mission:  I have become obsessed with avocados and pears.  I had never before tried them, and now I want them on everything!  So silly.  I love it here, Washington is the best, and the island is the greatest!

Love you all!

Sister Carina Wawro

******************

My companion, Sister Oswald, is AMAZING!  She is seriously the single greatest person in the world.  She works hard, she diligently studies, she excels in exact obedience.  She wants to be a good missionary, she loves the Lord very much.  I look up to her a lot. We have so much fun together and I just love it!  We laugh and have jokes, and it's so stress free when you just love and get along with your companion.  I feel SO blessed she is with me!  We will most definitely be friends forever!  She is the best!!!

Sweet sister we visit...I LOVE her!

One of the drive ways we walked up, the trees here are huge!  It was a mile walk from the road to the persons house, for real!


Sister Oswald & Sister Wawro
(mom sidenote...beautiful women!!)

 Huge wind storm, lots of trees broke down, there was rubbish all over the roads.

 Haha some of the streets here just crack me up.  I need to start taking pictures of all of them.  This week we saw "Fox Spit Rd"  "Dead Goat Rd" and "Hokey Pokey St."  LOL!

 I was able to see all my friends and sister Cromar last night at the mission president's home!

No comments:

Post a Comment