Well this was another really great week, I must say.
We had interviews this week and as I walk into the President's office he is like, "Well Sister Wawro, tell me how you're doing!" So I begin to ramble off about everything, basically... I'm great, I love the area, I love my companion, we are working well, we are finding all these investigators, blah blah and happiness! He smiles and says, "I have good news and bad news". I'm like...great. He then says. "Good news: I hope you enjoy your transfer with Sister Holt because (bad news) this will be your only transfer with her. At the end of this transfer I need you ready to work, you are too valuable." I'm like 'what the heck does that mean?!' And he just smiles and said to ask her lots of questions about leadership and how to be a leader, and learn from her as much as a I can... So yeah, it's exciting that he foresees something in mind for me with the next transfer and that he trusts me to do that, but scary that I need to be ready to WORK. I thought I was working hard this whole time? LOL! But yeah, so I don't know if that is white-wash training in a new area, just training someone who is struggling, or becoming a sister trainer leader. So I have really been trying to learn from her. When I talked to her about my interview, he said basically the same thing to her and told her to keep "training me" to be a leader. So we'll see! Scary, but I guess exciting too. :)
I am learning so much from Sister Holt about leadership, not just leadership but Christ-like leadership, and those special characteristics to help you be the best sister training leader you can, to be there for those sisters as a steward. Also, to rely on the spirit on what to say and how to help those who are struggling, to turn to the scriptures and Preach My Gospel. I am grateful to be her companion.
We had a lesson with our investigator, Robert, who has been taking the lessons since September, but this Tuesday we had one of the best lessons I've ever had on my mission. The spirit was so strong, the strongest it has ever been with Robert. We went through the baptismal questions to see where he is at in his testimony, and what things did he already believe. For the most part, he believes it all, not has a TESTIMONY of it all, but he has at-least that belief or desire of belief, as spoken of in Alma 32:27. During the lesson, while he presented some concerns, I just began to bear my testimony, and follow the spirit of what to say...what did Robert need at that moment? I spoke of my own personal conversion to the gospel. Growing up in the church, but never really fully involving myself, diving in for that solid testimony. I told of my experience of leaving home and having hard trials come that I was not expecting, and turning to the world for comfort but not finding it. Then, when I was in despair and that "gulf of misery and endless woe," complete and utter darkness...for the first time, I turned to scripture and prayer. The basics that I had been taught all my life! I read with a fervent desire for comfort, and found it. I prayed with all my heart to find peace, and I received it. That is where my testimony began, even if it took to the age of 18 to get it, I got it! Then I bore testimony as boldly as I could with tears in my ears, the spirit just burning inside me, I told Robert, "I know you have felt that same despair. I know you have felt something missing in your life, and I know that you have turned to the world for comfort. But I testify to you today that this gospel, the gospel of Jesus Christ, will fill that hole in your life. Through baptism, you can have that fullness of joy that you have been looking for." Robert, with tears in his eyes, just nodded his head. I am happy to say that he is now on date for baptism August 2nd. That was truly the most powerful lesson I have had on my mission. What a blessing, I am so thankful for experiences like that on my mission.
We have continued to find new people to teach, and they are doing well. Our numbers are constantly improving and for that I am thankful, the Lord is truly blessing our area!
I just finished the Book of Mormon again to continue my goal of reading it every 2 months (even though I didn't start until November instead of the beginning of my mission) But yeah I am now on the 5th read and this time I am studying prayer and loving it!
I am doing well, feeling great, and loving Sister Holt!
Love you all!
Sister Carina Wawro
No comments:
Post a Comment