Times a flyin'.
P-day was so fun yesterday. We went to this beach called Double Bluff, it's filled with shells! It was awesome, I had an entire gallon ziploc bag FULL of them. I just love them! It was so much fun, definitely can't find that in Texas. Lol
Not too much happened this week, we visited a lot of people. We found a new investigator tracting, she is so nice. A young mother of sweet, adorable girls. Open to learning about the gospel, so that will be exciting to see where that goes. Its crazy how much you truly come to love people as a missionary. You really get to experience seeing others as Christ does. We've been helping this sweet old lady move out of her house and into her new house, and I just LOVE her. I barely know her but when she cries I tear up with her because it breaks my heart. When we were helping her move in, I looked over at her and noticed she looked distressed, so I went up and gave her a hug, and she just started crying and said I needed that, thank you. It just warmed my heart, that has been one of the best parts about being on a mission.
We had to be in early on Valentine's Day, so that was a nice surprise. The Mission President texted us and said he wanted the people in our areas to spend time with their spouse and with the families. It was really funny - he ended the text with "Sister Bonham and I will be your valentine tonight, be in by 6pm" Lol! They are great. So we came back and made cupcakes to deliver, cookies to deliver, and muffins for ward council on Sunday. It was definitely a pleasant surprise to be in early! :)
We also had the unique opportunity to run the youth fireside on Sunday on missionary work. I got to share my personal conversion story. Born a member, but everyone has their own conversion to the gospel, member or not. It was a great experience and the spirit was definitely strong. Between church, taking the sacrament, teaching the gospel class and firesides, Sundays have come to be my favorite days!
Thanks for all the support and letters I received this week, it was amazing :)
LOVE YA
Sister Wawro
************
Pictures!
We made the cupcakes from the Valentines package mom sent, and then we got tons of fun stuff in packages from friends!
Double Bluff Beach
Sister Oswald, Sister Wawro
Tons of awesome collected shells, all cleaned!
Our District! :)
Video? Trying again - didn't work last week...
No comments:
Post a Comment